AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
821 - 840 of 1868 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/810#post_23105412

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/780#post_23105162

So what is the best guess for what one will be able to pick up a 60'' version of this TV for at the end of the season, at its very cheapest???

Anyone?

Take a look at the price history of the E8000 and you'll come close to your answer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's good to know at least that spending 2k gets you a set equally as dark as it's big brothers. Although maybe the trend will continue and the 60 and 64 will be even darker.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/780_60#post_23104951

^^^^ Boy I guess we must be part of the large direct dealers...........lol.............not.

It is not...........

thank you. somewhere i read that it did.....

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Could the new cell structure contribute to the comments of a sharper image?

·
Registered
348 Posts
NO IR for universal remotes. What is Sammy thinking of. It does have a IR extender, used for DVD, cable boxes, so the smart remote can control

·
Registered
564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caeguy  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/810#post_23105522

Could the new cell structure contribute to the comments of a sharper image?

Yes. They are closer together than before.

Add in some newer killer algorithms and the improved glass also help.

I'm curious if turning the sharpness all the way down would improve the sharpness.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donloz  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/810#post_23105564

NO IR for universal remotes. What is Sammy thinking of. It does have a IR extender, used for DVD, cable boxes, so the smart remote can control

Just because the included remote isn't IR does not mean the TV cannot accept IR input. I doubt they would leave out such an essential functionality. Especially on a model that is much more likely to have to interface with control systems.

·
Vendor
29,862 Posts
I have to note, I am not going to speculate with my eyes, anyone can feel this way or that way, but a meter tell the whole "accurate" Story. All "here say" until a meter is attached to a TV.............

·
Registered
564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/810#post_23105634

I have to note, I am not going to speculate with my eyes, anyone can feel this way or that way, but a meter tell the whole "accurate" Story. All "here say" until a meter is attached to a TV.............

You guys are playing your cards awfully close to your chest.

Surely you have seen the set in action and yet no info.

I find that very interesting indeed.

·
Registered
348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/810#post_23105628

Just because the included remote isn't IR does not mean the TV cannot accept IR input. I doubt they would leave out such an essential functionality. Especially on a model that is much more likely to have to interface with control systems.

I totally agree, but I just read the manual and there is NO mention of a IR source, except for the extender. I do hope that I can hook up my URC MSC-400 controller.

·
Registered
678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donloz  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/810#post_23105564

No I'm guessing it allows for both Bluetooth & IR, rrolens stated earlier he used a regular Samsung remote from other TVs when he was playing with F8500 the other day..

·
Registered
5,804 Posts

Quote:

Rrollens alleges he was able to control the 8500 on display with an older samsung ir remote...something does not add up...

·
Registered
304 Posts
If anyone has purchased the new PNF8500 from Amazon in the past week they had a problem with the system. For example I ordered my set on 3/14/13 and never got an estimated delivery date. Normally when you place an order for an in stock item you get a delivery date. This wasn't the case with the new Samsung TV. I ended up contacting them and they had to submit a request to the department that processes the orders. Amazon has exceptional customer service and they finally got the issue resolved and provided a shipping date today and it now shows on their site to ship tomorrow. Multiple orders were affected by not having an estimated delivery date. My 64 inch set will be here on 3/26/13. Can't wait! Amazon made some concessions by offering me a $100 refund and a $100 credit to my account that can be used for future Amazon purchases. As I said earlier they have an amazing customer service department. If anyone experienced the same problem it would be worth a phone call to Amazon. Make sure you talk to the large items department.

On another note I wanted to thank R Rollens for taking the time to answer my questions about the new set? He deserves a lot of praise from everyone on this forum for answering our questions.

·
Vendor
29,862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyfan  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/810#post_23105663

You guys are playing your cards awfully close to your chest.

Surely you have seen the set in action and yet no info.

I find that very interesting indeed.
Its kinda pointless without stats and numbers, which requires a meter and expert. Sure it looks flat out awesome, is it better with numbers, we will see

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/810#post_23105674

Rrollens alleges he was able to control the 8500 on display with an older samsung ir remote...something does not add up...
I tried, I was not able to use two different Samsung remotes. Maybe there is a setting inside the unit thru the menu system..............

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
yes he does! RR probably didn't realise he was getting a new full time job with no pay or benefits

·
Registered
348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/810#post_23105674

This is great news, as long as you can access the codes for most features like, source, on-off, ect...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Maybe Mr. Cleveland can confirm for us tomorrow regarding the IR remote.

·
Registered
33,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/780#post_23105188

Mark is correct though.

Never said he wasn't. The point I was making is that I do not obsess over small differences like that especially if there are other factors that outweigh those small differences. We buy displays that suit our needs, not what the needs of others are.

Definitions of 'best PQ' can and do vary. To my eyes the Elite is still the best. You would disagree. That's what makes horse racing.

With that said I'm desperately hoping that one of these 2013 displays will look better to my eyes than the Elite!

·
Registered
269 Posts

Quote:

When I first arrived at the RC Willey last week and saw the 64F8500 for the first time, there was a black standard Samsung remote in front of the TV. I picked it up and was able to access the Menu and all the Menu controls on the F8500 with the remote. While playing around with the F8500 another sales guy was looking for the remote that I was using because he had a customer who wanted a demo on another Samsung TV and needed the remote I was using. I gave him the remote I was using and my sales guy went in the back of the store to look for the remote that came with the F8500. I got tired of waiting for my sales guy so I went around and picked up another random Samsung TV remote and again, had no problem accessing the Menu and all Menu functions on the F8500. I never tried using any other keys on the remote except the Menu and related keys to navigate through the Menu settings. My sales guy finally returned with the super duper remote that comes with the F8500. He told me their remotes "disappear" from their store on a regular basis. I suggested to him that he keep the F8500 remote off the sales floor since the other Samsung TV remotes were working with the F8500. I never used the remote that came with the F8500. I saw it, looked kinda small, and did not look like any remote I had ever seen that came as standard equipment out of the box for a TV.

BTW, I too am very happy to read about Robert Zohn's review of the F8500. I really respect his knowlledge and judgement in his ability to review TVs and on what he saw while viewing the F8500. I am sure he viewed the F8500 in a viewing enviornment that is much closer to what most of us have rather then what I had to deal with both times at RC Willey. I do plan on going back to RC Willey this weekend to get answers to the questions some of you have asked for. I also want to play around with some settings that I now have. Also, my local Magnolia is expecting at least two or three different sizes of the F8500 to arrive at the end of this week too. I am looking forward to seeing the F8500 next to the VT50.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrollens  /t/1450401/samsung-f8500-new-industry-standard/810#post_23105930

[snip]

I never used the remote that came with the F8500. I saw it, looked kinda small, and did not look like any remote I had ever seen that came as standard equipment out of the box for a TV.

[snip]

rr,

That little thing probably was the new joy stick with four arrow buttons. With the F5300 series It is included in addition to a standard size full remote.

Larry

821 - 840 of 1868 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.