AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey- There is another thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...45512&page=111 where they talk about the sammy 5084 having the same issue as my tv does. I have had this tv almost 6 months and I just noticed this the other day. It seems there is a flaw with the manufacturing of these model series where there is a black border that is embedded on the inside panel.

the picture should just end at the borders to give it a clean look. However on my tv as with others with the same issue, the left border of the tv is significantly smaller in width then the right and you can see almost a 1/4 inch black spacing. The picture is centered on the screen as far as I can tell but with the left border being off it gives the illusion that it is off center. Can any 6374 owners chime in and tell me if they have this same issue? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem on my 6374 unit . I turn on the white screen in the burn-it setting and the white screen "FILL" the entire TV screen with no black gap on either side

CT

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had a 6374 since Sept 2007. There is no black border at all. The picture extends right up to the bezel on both sides, top, and bottom of the screen. Maybe you do have a problem.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have thought about buying one of these but was wondering about the problems with the other models. Its seems that 4480.00 shipped for that panel is a fair price. I checked on the forum and is capable of 1:1 mapping. I have a Panny PH5810UK but sold it. I'm installing it for a customer. I need a new panel and thought 1080p at this size would be nice.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Also on amazon they list two. One with a x on the end of the model #, and the one they sell through themselves does not have an x. I did not see a difference in specs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts