AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having trouble getting a usable image using a 7-pin s-video to component cable from my 7600GT. All I get is a pink image that is quite distorted and divided into a few vertical sections. The HCM553W makes a clicking sound every 2 seconds as if trying to adjust to a new resolution. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Using the component (svideo dongle) should be plug-n-play 1080i. But the Tv needs a specific resolution timing to sync and show good picture. If the standard 1080i resolution is not syncing to the Tv then you may have to try custom resolutions on the PC. Trial and error is pretty much the only way. Just try not to leave the Tv on that input longer than 5 or 6 seconds if it is not synced properly because it may damage the Tv circuits. Lots of reading in the htpc forum, search for "custom resolution". 7600 card can also use powerstrip, although I don't know if it works on the svideo component out. I do know it works with vga to component transcoder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.