AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea what to expect of the new samsung wrt DVD-A playback and CD transport? I'm in the market for a DVD player that will also provide high quality audio reproduction for

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Steve-bb:

I think the allure of this player is the all-digital video playback and scaling possibilities. Not having heard the H931, I certainly can't say for certain but I would be surprised if it had more than adequate DVD-A playback and probably no bass management. I am also interested in hi-res audio but I have reconciled myself to the strategy of separating my video requirements and audio requirements into different players. Basically, I have found out that the so-called state-of-the-art is that just because a player can do something (e.g., play DVD-Audio) doesn't mean that YOU should use it.

Having said all that however, I am collecting DVD-A and SACD discs, so being able to hear them, even if playback is not optimal, is a non-trivial concern. So maybe using the H931 for both digital video and DVD-Audio is not a bad idea....

·
Registered
84 Posts
The HD-931 will have DVD-A! But I'm not sure about the fine details or the proformance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.