AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm now thoroughly confused. I have read about the new Samsung HLP6197 and I have also read about other models (XX77?) with the +HD3 chip.

What is the reality here??

Does anyone have good information on these new models? Like...will there be any other XX97 sizes (46", 56"??). Is this the set that's worth waiting for?

Dimensions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by njx3
Is this the set that's worth waiting for?
Anytime you buy technology (computers, displays, etc.) you are going to get screwed, plain and simple. Sounds pretty negative, but if you are trying to buy the best for your money, rest assured it will only be that for a very short time. There will always be something better out there around the corner. Shop as best you can with what info is available (like you seem to be trying to do!). Pull the trigger when you can't wait any longer and don't look back. I know this is not the basis of our question, but I couldn't resist.

BTW. I own an Samsung HLP6163W and I am very happy with it. I know there will be better down the line, but I am happy RIGHT NOW!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Samsung HLP6163W and HLN567 Happy with both sets.

·
Coyote Waits
27,308 Posts
Quote:
... and I have also read about other models (XX77?) with the +HD3 chip.

It must have been a misprint. There is no such model. At one time there was a table top HD2+ HLPxx77 series (46" & 56") that also contained a HD tuner.

If Samsung sticks to their latest "suggestions" there will be a 56" set with a xHD3 chip in a pedestal first. It's far enough into the future that there is plenty time for Samsung to make several changes in their plans. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
750 Posts
you could be waiting a long time for an xHD3 set. Sammy announced the HD2+ tabletop sets at CES in January, with a projected May delivery time, and they still have not arrived in stores. xHD3 is the next generation, and even though they had a prototype at CES, nobody really knows when they will arrive, or what the box will look like.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The HLPXX77 sets are the HLPXX74 sets w/ cable card added. It'll uses the HD2+ Chipset. The HLPXX74 sets should be in stores in about 2 weeks according to latest info.

Here is a link to Samsungs latest DLP brochure http://www.samsungusa.com/pdf/DLP_Brochure.pdf

I assume you mean xHD3 when you say +HD3. I have never heard of a model number being associated with it nor have I heard of an HLPXX97 models. It would be a logical progression in the numbering scheme though.

For info on HD2+ and xHD3 I suggest you read http://www.digiupdate.com/105_DLP_RPTV.html

CCourtney

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for the help. Yes CCourtney, I did mean xHD3 when referring to the chip. So it seems to come down to the Samsung 5674, or the Mits 52725. Or wait for the Samsung xHD3.

Decisions, decisions. I'll just keep reading the threads.

Will BB or CC stock the Samsung 5674? I think the 30 day return policy is going to be important.

·
Coyote Waits
27,308 Posts
Quote:
Will BB or CC stock the Samsung 5674? I think the 30 day return policy is going to be important.

Not likely. I would look for them in higher end chains like Tweeter, Tweeter owned, or Magnolia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.