AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the SAMSUNG DVD-HD850 High Definition DVD/DivX Player and it hasn't played any DivX or XviD CD I've put in it.

I've heard there is an "activation CD" that allows it to play DivX, does such a thing exist?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Read the amazon reviews...people seem to have no problems playing the files. How are you burning them? What kind of media?

SV

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spassvogel42
Read the amazon reviews...people seem to have no problems playing the files. How are you burning them? What kind of media?

SV
The Amazon review says:
Quote:
However, the version of the DVD-HD850 available in the United States does NOT support DivX/XVID playback. I verified this myself with many file types/settings and double checked with Samsung support.
People on other forums have said that there is an "activation" disc for the US versions.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did you get this working yet? I'm wondering the same thing in fact.

I'm assuming the player is capable of playing DivX since the same model in the UK and elsewhere can. Perhaps a firmware hack is required....

·
Registered
862 Posts
i don't really ever watch divx, and if i do i use my modded xbox, but if this is possible with this player, I'd like to know how as well

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmaestro
I'm assuming the player is capable of playing DivX since the same model in the UK and elsewhere can. Perhaps a firmware hack is required....
Exactly what I was thinking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by koach
i don't really ever watch divx, and if i do i use my modded xbox, but if this is possible with this player, I'd like to know how as well
I have a modded Xbox, but I have it hooked up to a different television. It'd be a big pain to have to move it each time I wanted to watch a DiVX or Xvid format.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.