AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my experiences with the HD931 and my Hitachi 51SWX20B. Purchased the HD931 last week from a local retailer. Despite mixed reviews on this player, I just had to see it for myself. Unfortunately, while the picture quality was great and I was able to use the Mode A/Mode B setting on the HD8931 to center the image, I encountered what I can best describe as a "green shadow" or "green echo" next to certain objects when using the DVI connection.

I noticed this in a few scenes in several DVDs and I've used the AVIA disc to confirm my suspicions. The real goocher was encountered when using the checkerboard test pattern. Using this pattern, adjacent to every white square was a green line where white met black.

What I found was that in every instance where bright white met dark black this "green echo" or shadow would appear. A quick switch to component cables and the "echo" was gone. No amount of adjustment to the video settings on TV could get rid of this green line. My emails to Samsung support has gone unanswered and so I gave up on that approach and called them. The person I talked to said that they were not aware of any such problem and as such had no fix or suggestions.

Anyone else seen this "echo" issue? Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.