AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hung up with Samsung (Patrick 800-726-7864) after complaining about lip sync issues on 1/2 of my DVDs played via DVI. First it was this must be a HDCP issue then it was " check page 17 of the manual" (loosely translated as 'get this guy off the phone) then "it is a know issue, but very few complaints after selling millions". When I pointed out that a fraction of those millions??? of 931 units sold use DVI due to few projectors having DVI and also mentioned that even fewer projectors are HDCP compliant therefore Samsung wouldn't see a large % of complaints, all he could say was it is not a pressing issue to them. I mentioned that some of this forum have tried switching the language to any other than english and back with good results. He said he will try it with 'Pirates of the Caribbean', a DVD that will not run right on my HD931.

Please feel free to call and go on record at Samsung about this issue. He was very nice, but finished with "and we really don't have any way of letting you know if we do solve this problem as there isn't any 'advise list".

There is no way this DVD player can be recommended to anyone using DVI until this issue is fixed.

Regards,

Tom

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.