Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got serious problems with this player.. info on hw and problem as follows

Got this player hooked up to a Sony HS20 pj thru hdmi-hdmi (hama Home theatre)

* what ever I do the display on 950 says DVI,, even though I have a clean HDMI-HDMI cable (10metres)

*Tried app. 30 movies, 27 PAL 3Ntsc dvd´s... think I manage to get 4-6 dvds to work,, the rest the sound comes thru but NO image at all..

* In the setup.. it says. component pcan dvi.....??? but HDMI 1 line under!? pretty confusing..

* I tried every def.. on those discs that refuse to work but nothing... on those discs that work I can freely chose 576/720/1080 etc... works lika a charm...

Forgot: under the display setup it says DVI mode A or B.. means what? tried both with no result

sSo what am i doing wrong or is this player dead?

Thank Mikolino

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Try the HDCP hack as it sound like HS20 and HD950 are not communicating with HDCP so the rare unprotected DVD's are fine but most aren't. Try , 4, 3, 2, 7, until "HDCP Free" shows up on the screen (using Svideo or composite to see the menus). Then try "HDMI SEL" button to cycle through the resolutions. Should work for component upconversion too and save HDMI for HDTV STB.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have the same projector and am using an 8 meter HDMI cable.

Here is how I set up my video: Menu button>Display Setup>Video Output>HDMI/COMPONENT(PSCAN)

I don't have any PAL DVDs to try, but every region 1 disk that I have played works fine.

My problem with the player is it does not remember where you left off after you stop play and the power is turned off (not unplugged). Customer service even had me send it in for servicing to solve the problem. The technician determined that all HD950's are that way. Even though it was unintended, it is a problem with no solution and they sent it back to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.