AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was showing my Friend who also has the same TV the Service menu. And just showing him the Different options, i accidently changed the Lamp style. I meant to click return, but instead i click the right button. I dont know what it got changed to, because now, my tv will try to turn on, i get the red light, turns off, then trys to turn back on. It just keeps repeating this cycle. I will get like 5 seconds of audio, but no picture.

Im pretty sure the lamp style was pulse, before i changed it.

How do i reset that option. I have it unplugged for like 30 mins, tried it again, Didnt work. so how do i do a hard reset, where EVERYTHING is restored??

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Jeeze, I don't see any way out of your situation except to replace the Main board $150.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well damn that is the most expensive remote click i have done.

I just takled to samsung, they got me in contact with the company that handles their repairs.

So they called me and i played dumb and said i didnt know what happened to the TV. Tv is still under warranty. So they said they would fix it. THey are shipping me a new DMD board, a new light ballast and a new light tunnel (light tunnel is for previous problem i was having with TV).

I tried to tell the tech guy that samsung said it might be the mainboard, just to see if i can get him to oder that part as well, but he wasnt going for it. So do you think the new DMD board getting installed will reset everything and make it work?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usarocker /forum/post/16920223

...So do you think the new DMD board getting installed will reset everything and make it work?

Sorry, I do not

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL well damn, that sucks. If it does not work, then do you think replacing the main board will be a thought for them. Or should I try and persuade them into thinking my main board is also not working?

Just wondering if they will ever suspect the main board and think to change that.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ya he should be able to find the defective part without your assistance simply by observing your Tv run through the startup sequence. Then maybe try the parts he has to see if symptoms change or not and recommend what part is next. Warranty policy and office procedure will decide what happens next (not your suggestions). Officially a customer entering the service mode could be considered as abuse and repairing the "damage" is not covered by warranties.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn /forum/post/16922819

...Officially a customer entering the service mode could be considered as abuse and repairing the "damage" is not covered by warranties.

Ya I was kinda thinking that. That is why I am playing dumb and just act like I dont know what is going on. It sucks that i dont have a working tv, and that its prob gonna take longer becaues they have to go through some parts, But that is the price I pay for messing with, when i shouldnt have, and also its free under warranty, So i also cant complain to much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts