AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from a retailer that has the Samsung HL-R6168W for $2,950. Compared to what I see on the internet, this seems to be a fantastic price for the 1080p model. I plan on watching Sunday Ticket in HD and movies, etc. I am reading alot of feedback regarding lip synch issues. Should this scare me away from Samsung?

·
Registered
520 Posts
At that price, I'd take it home and see for myself, then take it back if it won't work for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was shocked to see that price. The sales rep said that a month ago people were on waiting lists for this model. The store is having an "employee pricing" promotion where the customers pay the employee discounted price for a 3 day sales event. The picture looked great. I think they may have this mis-priced. We will see tomorrow. They say it is in stock and can be delivered Saturday. I know they are going to push a $399.99 5 year extended warranty (covers all bulb replacements). Should I purchase it?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemansa2
I just returned from a retailer that has the Samsung HL-R6168W for $2,950. Compared to what I see on the internet, this seems to be a fantastic price for the 1080p model. I plan on watching Sunday Ticket in HD and movies, etc. I am reading alot of feedback regarding lip synch issues. Should this scare me away from Samsung?
What?!?!? Thats way too good to be true....you would be lucky to snag the 720p model at that price...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not knowing much about the price of this model before going into the store, I was hesitant to take the plunge. Now I am worried that the price will go way up (if it is mis-priced). I may have missed my opportunity. Will let you know tomorrow. By the way, the 720p version was $2,450.

·
Registered
520 Posts
When I said to take it home, I meant *now*.

·
Registered
15,822 Posts
Great price. I'd grab it. I'd also recommend the 5-year warranty anyway, especially if it covers the bulb.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Purchased today. Looking at the internet prices, even from shady dealer, I am very happy with this price. The retailer is PC Richard in Paramus, NJ. I have called Samsung and confirmed that they are an authorized dealer. Here is the strange part, the 56" (HL-R5668W) was apparently being sold for the exact same price as the 61". Even the salesman did not understand this. I really wanted the 56", but had to grab the 61" being the same price.

Our viewing distance will be roughly 12.5 feet. Should this be ok?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP
Great price. I'd grab it. I'd also recommend the 5-year warranty anyway, especially if it covers the bulb.
They have a pretty decent Warranty. Covers ALL bulbs for 5 years. The "Employee Pricing" ends Monday, i believe.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazelle
They have a pretty decent Warranty. Covers ALL bulbs for 5 years. The "Employee Pricing" ends Monday, i believe.
Ask about their return policy. They may not allow returns.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I believe that PC Richard only allows returns for defective merchandise. Let's hope you don't need to worry about that! It sounds like you lucked into someones typo. Good for you! The 61" set should look great at your viewing distance! Now might also be a good time to buy a Lottery ticket! :D

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Wow, nice purchase!

Thats the right price for that set to sell...

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I was just at the same retailer same location today and they told me they would sell me a Mitsubishi 62627 1080p for that price too, the 52627 was marked $200 less.

What you give up at PC Richard is a return option. You just have to make sure that is the TV you really want. I think that is a fair trade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.