AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this about 15 months ago. I have noticed some things about it relative to the discussions about screen bowing. But my issue is a little different. My screen is flat. The screen is not the issue. However the bezel would give the impression of it being the screen. You see, when I tape measure from the bottom of the screen to the top edge of the bezel on the left of my TV- straight vertical- it measures 27 1/16" but on the right side same measure its 27 9/16". I have more screen showing in the vertical on the right side of my tv than on the left. This will actually make it seem like programs and/or tickers are not even, not going straight across the screen when in fact they are, it's just that your eyes are telling you that it's uneven. I don't know if there's any way to fix this issue w/o getting a whole new bezel. Further, I have noticed that a few people on here have gotten a test grid on there tv to check screen geometry. How do I do this, is there a test disc I can buy? I have the tv set where I like it but would like to officially calibrate it. By the way it is the bottom bezel that is curved. From the left where it states DLP, 1080, etc. to the right where the 3 led lights are it drops a good 1/2". Does anybody know what picture settings I should have or would be recommended?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Very important on HLT to make sure you don't have anything sitting on top of the Tv and that it is firmly sitting on a level surface. Now, I strongly suggest you live with the geometry anomalies. First, a new screen frame may not be any more "square" than the one that's on the Tv now. Second, it will be extremely difficult for you to find/purchase the screen frame. Third, things go wrong during installation- screens are very delicate and can easily scratch or even crack; particles can adhere between or to the inside of the screens; screw holes strip-out; etc. Fourth, the post installation geometry alignment is gonna be a nightmare even for an experienced technician let alone the layman.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts