AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to tilt these units slightly forward? The entertainment cabinet that it sits on is something I bought a year ago and it fairly expensive, so no plans to replace it any time soon... but it sits about 6-8 inches too high, but looks perfect if tilted ever so slightly forward.

Is this ok to do? If so, what is the best/proper way of doing this? Any thought or suggestions? Bad idea?

Just trying to get the best/optimal viewing angle....

Also, tried searching and couldn0't find a complete answer/guide as to how yet... but I finally was able to get 1:1 pixel mapping set and playing on my comp and everything looks 10000x better now. (had to set source name to PC)

Now I have the issue of overscan.

Not a big deal playing movies, but I play quite a few online games and it it does cause issues. I've read scattered info that it is possible to fix and keep 1:1 pixel mapping and others say I'm screwed with my Geforce 8800 until Nvidia fixes it?

I have Powerstrip installed, but I am lost trying to figure this out for this set with all the settings.

If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciate!

:edit:

I'll post up some HDR shots of my setup this weekend when I get a chance....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hope it is ok to tilt forward a little because that is what i did. My stand is 24" high when 19" would be perfect. I'm waiting a while to get a new stand so...the old stand has those screw in feet on all four corners and I made the front as short as possible and the rears as long as possible. really only 3-4 mm difference between front and back. I put a level on stand and the bubble touches the black marks to show off level but I did notice an improvement in picture and overall very very happy with quality of picture.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did you use to tilt the TV with?

Also, I just read you can adjust tilt by moving the light engine around? What does hits mean and/or would this resolve my particular problem?

·
Registered
443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBubb /forum/post/14169954

Also, I just read you can adjust tilt by moving the light engine around? What does hits mean and/or would this resolve my particular problem?

Kind of Ghetto, but I used 2 stacks of 4 really old PC Gamer magazines LOL! Works like a champ! HAHA!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeener71 /forum/post/14171002

Kind of Ghetto, but I used 2 stacks of 4 really old PC Gamer magazines LOL! Works like a champ! HAHA!

Hey man, whatever works right?

Now as to my second question, I really hope someone can point me int he right direction to fix this over scanning issue.

I can resize my desktop Dynamiclly via the Nvidia control panel, but as soon as I do, I lose 1:1 pixel mapping and the text/picture looks like junk.

I've read somewhere you could jsut set your dekstop resolution to 1850 x 1040, which I tried, but again, lost my 1:1 pixel mapping.

I have a feeling I need to play with some more advanced settings like timings and whatnot, but have no idea where to start. =\\

·
Registered
275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBubb /forum/post/14169954

The light engine tilt is for screen alignment adjustment. Several people have tilted the 61" by shimming the back without problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahull /forum/post/14178100

The light engine tilt is for screen alignment adjustment. Several people have tilted the 61" by shimming the back without problems.

Thank you.

Now as too the overscan issue...

I'm going nuts here! haha....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey everybody, just wondering if anyone has had success with fixing the overscan issue. I have the same problem that when using my PC, I lose the scroll bars and header (file, edit, history, etc). Resizing the desktop makes DVDs look muddy. I have the video card set to the native resolution of the display and the display set to "Just Scan". I assume that, with this set up, the DLP chip is being fully utilized at 1:1 pixel mapping, but that my screen is too close to the chip and not capturing the entire projected image. Has anyone determined if there is a collimating lens between the DLP chip and lens that can be adjusted or if the LED-DLP chip geometry can be adjusted. Thanks, Lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts