AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI


I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, but I just saw that Fry's Electronics (Palo Alto, CA) is selling the Samsung HLM507W for $2999.90. The tag didn't indicate this was a floor model price, but I didn't ask. I also didn't ask whether they had stock of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Wow. That would be a great price for a brand new HLM507. The Fry's in Austin was still selling them for $4,100 (sticker price) last weekend though they said the HLNs would be priced at $3,999 as soon as they arrived.
 

·
Coyote Waits
Joined
·
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DLiquid
FYI


I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, but I just saw that Fry's Electronics (Palo Alto, CA) is selling the Samsung HLM507W for $2999.90. The tag didn't indicate this was a floor model price, but I didn't ask. I also didn't ask whether they had stock of them.
Hi DLiquid,


If it's the demo it's from the September batch. Fry's idea to put all their big screen tvs in aisle where you can't get more than six or seven feet away from them is strange. Of course the junk they display on them is even stranger.


I'm still waiting to make a choice. What did you replace your HLM507 with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by htwaits
Hi DLiquid,


If it's the demo it's from the September batch. Fry's idea to put all their big screen tvs in aisle where you can't get more than six or seven feet away from them is strange. Of course the junk they display on them is even stranger.


I'm still waiting to make a choice. What did you replace your HLM507 with?
Maybe it's the demo, that didn't occur to me until after I'd left the store. It was the only tag next to the TV, and it didn't say demo, but that price seems too low.


I haven't gotten anything to replace the 507 with, I just went back to using my 32" TV. I'm waiting until something better than the current crop of DLP/LCD RPTVs comes along, hopefully not too much longer.
 

·
Coyote Waits
Joined
·
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DLiquid
Maybe it's the demo...
I had to go to Fry's for a printer cartridge so I took a look. It is the demo and it's sound system doesn't work. They don't have any in stock so I expect they are moving it out to get ready for the HLN's. That set has been on the floor for at least four months. I didn't think to ask about a warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
On a related note, they are selling the HLN507 for $3,499 at Costco. I watched someone purchase one just in the short time I was there. I also finally got to see the samsung TV stand. It looks ok but is nothing fancy.
 

·
Coyote Waits
Joined
·
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AngryCPA
On a related note, they are selling the HLN507 for $3,499 at Costco. I watched someone purchase one just in the short time I was there. I also finally got to see the samsung TV stand. It looks ok but is nothing fancy.
I'm surprised it was the HLN507 (dark gray bezel) instead of the HLN5065(silver bezel).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
I saw the same HLM at Fry's in Burbank. It was Red Tagged for $2999. I was under the impression it was for the one on display because they mentioned that it had only been up and running for a month and a half so it was "practically new". They were making room for a "new" model; presumably the HLN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Online Costco only has the RCA Scenium 50" HDTV 16:9 LCOS Projection Television for $3,599.99. At which Costco did you see the 507W?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I also did not find the Samsung DLP at the Costco web site, but I did find this on a couple of Samsung items that were for sale there:


"This item is covered by Costco's guarantee to refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied. Costco's guarantee applies, even though this item may not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty, because Costco is not an "authorized" dealer of the merchandise."


I assume the same applies to Samsung items sold in their stores. You might want to weight the savings at Costco versus the warranty you get at Best Buy or other authorized retailers. Maybe the extra $500 is worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikepalm
Online Costco only has the RCA Scenium 50" HDTV 16:9 LCOS Projection Television for $3,599.99. At which Costco did you see the 507W?
Yorba Linda.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top