Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Samsung HLN507W DVI Problem

Has anyone who has a Samsung HLN 507W and connected via DVI to a set-top Pioneer BD-V3510 HD Cable box encountered a problem?

When I have attempted this, an error message from the set top box appears and states that the box must be hooked up to an HDTV unit.

Time-Warner brought over the set top box they tested in house with their DVI Cable and their monitor (non Samsung) and they did not have any problems at their site.. (This was after they tried 2 other boxes on my Samsung)

Samsung has yet to respond to an inquiry by the local Samsung Service rep to find out what their next step is. The local center did not want to come out until Samsung could provide some technical assistance on this, as they had never heard of this problem.

I did find two users in the Set Top Box A/V Forum who were inquiring the same as I about this problem, but they have not yet responded as to the outcome of their attempt to resolve this.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you search the forum you'll see that it has been confirmed by Pioneer that the STB is not seeing the Sammy as an H sDTV. Not sure when they'll (Pioneer) have a fix. I have the same setup and it doesn't work for me either.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what you are saying, its not a Samsung issue, but a Pioneer?

Thanks for your response. I was not able to locate that thread. Could you point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! Its exactly what I was looking for but nothing came up when I did my search.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.