AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was noticing while looking at the back of the TV that there seems to be a ledge to place a centre channel speaker....I have the Klipsh 3CII centre which is about 2' long and wieghs about 25 - 30lbs - Is there any reason why I should not use this to place my centre on?????? It seems sturdy enough to hold it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This ledge is on the top and sticks out to the back.....

The center channel basically will sit on top to the TV.

Thanks,

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a HLN567 and I mounted a JBL center channel speaker on top. It is 18" wide and 15 lb. I used Velcro across the bottom front of the speaker to prevent it from sliding off if I needed to shift the set to connect additional cables. Without the Velcro the speaker moved very easily on the plastic case.

Rick

·
2,429 Posts
That is a pretty heavy center. Just watch the screen as you place it on top of the set to see if it distorts the picture in any way. It may not.

Keep in mind that you mirror is mounted to the back of the set and stress one way or another could produce a visual issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

I did use one of those sticky rubber cloths that ensures it wont slip off or anything underneath the speaker.

I was concerned about the weight myself - I did not notice any disruption in PQ or any indication that it was affecting the TV in anyway.

Does anyone with a similar weight center channel have it on top of the TV?????

I might look into building a shelf on the wall so the center will stick out over the TV???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.