AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Boss brought in the TV here to work for use as HD and a monitor for presentations and I'm having some problems getting everything working okay. I know the HD box should be working fine since I had it working fine with a projector before. However, here's my dilema:

Im' running the following:

1) SA 3100HD

2) Samsung HLN5065W

When I select normal channels it's grainy, and when I switch to an HD channel I recive picture for a few seconds and then the picture starts to turn blotchy. Plus, I can't even get ABCHD to come in at all. I'm just getting a black screen.

I tried components 2 and 3 (420/7201080) and recived better results with component 2. I haven't tried component 1 (420i/p), but I thought HD definitely would not run on that.

I'd greatly appreciate some feeback!

Regads,

David

·
Coyote Waits
27,294 Posts
I can't solve your problem but for clarity's sake could you tell me if the STB you are using is an OTA version?

The only thing that I'm sure of is that you need to use component two or three for HD programming.

It sounds like your STB and your TV aren't talking to each other after initial contact. It may be some kind of setup problem where the TV expects something different than the projector that previously worked.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm, I don't think it's an OTA version. I'm really not sure. I can say it is hardwired into the cable jack on the wall. Sorry if that sounds stupid. I guess the over the air aspect would only be the HD channels and they are indeed not coming in through the cable line?

I look at the setup on the cable box and the tv, but neither seems to have any funny settings that would be causing such bad signal.

My intial response would be that the hd box is crap, cause that's what the cable comany forces on us. :D

·
Coyote Waits
27,294 Posts
It's not OTA if you have a cable box. You may be right that it's the cable company's STB that is having a problem. Some times there are service menus that take a special key sequence to get into. You might want to check with the cable company to see if their box works with your digital TV.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I used to have the SA3100HD cable box. It is indeed an HD cable box. I never had problems when connected to my Samsung HLN467 through component 3.

If the cable box works with the projector, maybe something is wrong with the TV?

Sooke

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback on what has worked and not worked for you all in the past. I'll try and take a look at her later this morning or this afternoon and see what the deal is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.