AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a HLN dlp RPTV to be used as a TV, and a PC monitor. Here are some questions regarding hooking it up with my av receiver and computer. Thanks.

[1] I have an av receiver (DD, DTS) with a set of 5 speakers and a subwoofer. So I want to pass audio signal this way instead of using HLN's speakers. Does this mean I will have to pass the video signal to HLN (DVI or component or S-video) and pass the audio signal to the old receiver?

What if I have a HDTV receiver (set top box)? Essentially I need to use the TV as a monitor only.

[2] By reading all the reviews and specs of HLNs, I assume a line-doubler is not necessary with this set? How about the image quality of a 480i signal on this set? (supposely it should turn 480i into 720p before displaying it)

Thanks much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
why ain't audio reciver intergrate w/ HDTV receiver?

I always have this question as I am purchasing a new samsung RPTV to use with my existing AV receiver and speakers. I want to feed the TV digital video signals via DVI, and that means I can not pass the signal through the av receiver first since I have not heard any av receiver intergrated with a HDTV tuner (receiver). No I am not using the component inputs/outputs.

So, am I supposed to pass only the audio signal to the Audio Receiver and speakers, and pass the video (via DVI) to the TV seperately? What are the implications of doing so?

The same issue troubled me when I tried to connect my PC to the same system. I will have to pass VGA signal directly to the TV and pass audio signal (digital) to the receiver/speakers.

So do you guys experience the same issues when intergrating your "old" system with a new digital TV? Let me know. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.