AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying one of these 2 tvs. I am posting this on the plasma board and the projection board, so I get both opinions. I would like to hear feedback on both tvs.

It will be used as follows:

40% SDTV

40% Videogames

20% DVD

I will not be getting HDTV anytime soon (fuel for the Panny). But I am very afraid of burn in. I play a lot of games, and I know that they can easily burn in a plasma, and with DLP this is a non issue, so I am hesitant about the Panny because of this. Each tv has its own advantages, in my opinion, but I want to hear what you guys think.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I checked out the Samsung HLN437W today at Sears. It had a greenish hue that was very noticable, especially on people with light colored hair. The salesman also noticed it and tried to fix it by switching to Warm 1 or 2 in the menu. It didn't correct the color problem, it only added a blue cast to the picture with green still persisting. This is a problem that I refuse to live with. I'm waiting for the next generation of these DLP's before I'll consider changing from my current 35'' Sony XBR.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.