AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my cablebox installed today and don't understand why I have to change from the HDTV component input to Video 1 to watch STD and DTV channels. If I change to a STD or DTV station, I see a "Not Supporting Mode" message on the screen.

My cable box does allow you to set the output via component or DVI to 480i/480p/720p/1080i. Regardless of the setting (480p/720p/1080i), I cannot watch the STD and DTV channels on component 2 or 3.

If I set it to 480p and use Component 1, then I can view all stations (STD,DTV,HDTV).

I'm going to hook up the DVD player tomorrow to Component 2 and 3 to test them at 480p. Why would 480p from the cable box work on Component 1 but not 2 or 3? If the DVD player works at 480p on all 3 components then that tells me the cable box isn't converting 480i to 480p as it should. It even has a "Pass" setting that passes native 720p and 1080i to the tv and automatically converts 480i to p, but even with that setting, I can't watch STD or DTV channels on Components 2 or 3.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What brand of cable box are you using?

It is becomming quite apparent that Samsung made a serious design error when they made each of their YPbPr inputs scan rate specific. They should have made all the YPbPr inputs support all the scan rates like every other "Smart" TV manufacturer has done with their 2004 models.

Shame on you Samsung. I wouldn't buy your DLP because of this very issue!

Not to mention all the DVI/HDCP issues that are being reported all over the US...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cable box is the Pace 550. Apparently another forum member has problems with the same box and the fact it doesn't upconvert to 480p as the manual states it should.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.