AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been waiting on this since the 17th of August but yesterday my set finally arrived.

First thoughts... WOW.

The picture quality from my DVDs and local HD broadcasts is incredible. LoTR was better looking on my set than the Reba show was on last night's WB broadcast in 1080i. Frankly I am not sure how much better it could look even with an ISF calibration.

Hooked up to the set is a Samsung 151 STB on component 2 and the 931 DVD player routed in through the DVI at 720p.

I looked into the Service menu to check firmware and settings (June mfg, 214 ) and noticed something interesting though. when I looked at some of the settings on the DVI output I noticed that instead of the 120, 120, 120, etc I was expecting to see (based on posts by some others of their default settings) mine were:

R Gain- 121

G Gain- 120

B Gain- 108

R Offset- 125

G-Offset- 128

B Offset- 131

Almost as if the settings had been previously adjusted.

Is this something new Samsung is doing (trying to make the sets look better right out of the box) or should I be concerned that someone may have already been meddling in the SM before the set arrived here at the house?

·
Registered
714 Posts
My defaults DVI settings (61") were 121, 120, 116, 127, 128, 127. Calling these "default" is a bit of a misnomer, as each set seems to have slightly unique defaults.

If the set looks good, don't be concerned just enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.