AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a floor model HLN507W DLP Samsung that looks green.

What tweaks do I need to do to make this better?

How do I do them? Enter the service menu? What values do I change?

Anyone know if this is a setting or defect, or a greyscale issue?

I have another HLN507W that looks great! I would just like to play with it to see if I can tweak it and make it better.

I am not familiar with Samsung and DLP service menus and tweaks.

Anyone have good link, that's clear and easy to understand, or know enough to answer my questions here in this post?

Thanks in advance-:)

-MIKE

·
Registered
370 Posts
You aren't just making fun of me are you ;-)

PS I'm looking for the same answer.

Thanks for posting the question as well.

·
Registered
326 Posts
See if anyone messed with the DELAY setting also. I changed mine from 222 (oob) to 213, and there was a noticable green tint. I bumped it up to 217 and it went away.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Here is how I have fixed the green push.

First, I dropped the g_gain in the service menu from 120 to 115. That helped but didn't eliminate it. I tried lowering the g_gain more but that didnt seem to help. I have also read that this is not the best way to fix color since the gain/offsets are for grayscale.

Tonight while watching MNF, I played with the UM settings. I lowered color to 30. The overall picture seemd to lose brightness so I adjusted brightness up to 60. My contrast is at 95.

So far, I am pretty happy how the picture looks. Colors are still vibrant but green seems under control now. At this time of day, one of the local PBS channels has the PBS HDTV demo loop running and those scenes look excellent.

Later, I may go back into the SM to reset g_gain to the original setting to see what happens.

My details: HLN617W, fw 306, gamma 0

·
Registered
980 Posts
Put your set on warm2 and gamma 0 and green will go away.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DooDoo
Put your set on warm2 and gamma 0 and green will go away.
Check out my Gama 0 thread . I belive you lose a lot more than green with Gama 0.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.