AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched, but I didn't find anything specific to my problem.

I have a Samsung DLP HLN507W and last night the picture started to display only in Black & White and flickered. After unplugging it and letting it sit the picture stopped flickering, but still only displayed in Black & White. I am not sure if my son caused the problem or not, but it started after he turned off the unit and then immediately turned it back on.

Is this a color wheel issue or a different problem. Additionally, there isn't the humming sound that others describe associated with the color wheel.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I don't think its the color wheel because you're getting a B&W picture. White is created by mixing the primary colors so to get White the clors must be working and hence the color wheel must be working. It could be a bad circuit board or connector. Does the problem occur with all inputs?

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can easily check the color wheel by removing the lamp and shining a flashlight into the opening. If it is intact, you will see it. I very recently had a problem with the three flashing lights and failure to start. The colorwheel had shattered and jammed the motor. Saw this with the above method. Ordered a color wheel Friday, received and installed it yesterday. My TV is a HLN507W1.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
B&W usually means colorwheel shattered. Best to disassemble and visually check colorwheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.