AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Samsung HLN57W.

I have many different components connected to my new Television (DVD, TiVo, VCR, PS2, cable, etc).

Is there any way to directly access the correct input (i.e. S-Video 1, Antenna, Component 1, etc) rather than having the repeated press the TV/VCR button and scroll down the list? It's very tedious.

Also, is there a way to eliminate the unused inputs from showing up on the list?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That's the whole issue of "discrete codes" which has been discussed about these sets. I believe they've added them to the HLN series, so you can get yourself a programmable or universal remote (not sure which ones are appropriate) and use that. As I understand it, anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
One alternative is the Harmony remote. It remembers the current "state" of you A/V equipment, so when you switch from one input to another, it knows how many steps to scroll down in the list.

I don't think there is a way to accomplish this with a regular programmable remote. It won't know how to get from your current input to the input you want.

It is really too bad the Samsung's don't support discrete codes. There are rumors that a future low-cost firmware upgrade will provide them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.