AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i'l be getting a samsung HLN567W pretty soon....was just wondering if the HLN567W's picture quality is good with regular digital source(non-HD)

im getting digital satellite service and since recording shows is a must for me, i cant get HD......

im just concerned about the possibility of poor picture quality with regular digital source on the HLN567W...

any feedback is appreciated...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zeicht
im getting digital satellite service and since recording shows is a must for me, i cant get HD......

The HD TiVo should be out by the beginning of April so you will be able to get HD and record.

·
Coyote Waits
27,294 Posts
I don't have time right now to write more but recording satellite SD shows, especially if you are using a long play mode, will take an average to worse picture and degrade it.

Some people think it's OK, others think it's awful.

If you watch a lot of DVDs and use a DVI DVD player you will probably like that PQ. Otherwise, why have a HD TV it you are not watching HD?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im from canada and i dont think we'll be getting those HD PVR's anytime soon.....

got a question...can you record non-HD channels with those DVD recorders with built-in harddisk even if u have a HD satellite source?

·
Coyote Waits
27,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zeicht
...can you record non-HD channels with those DVD recorders with built-in harddisk even if u have a HD satellite source?
If you can it won't be HD when you play it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.