Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im sure there are many folks like me who are patiently awaiting the arrival, or just curious about what others have to say about the new Sammy lineup of 1080p sets. Can you lucky owners who will be so kind, take a few moments and write up a small review? If possible, list the following:

Sammy model:

Seating distance from TV:

Cable or Sat provider used:

Inputs used and for what?

Hooked up to PC?

What you like most?

What you like least?

Issues/Comments:

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryCPA
Hey guys,

Im sure there are many folks like me who are patiently awaiting the arrival, or just curious about what others have to say about the new Sammy lineup of 1080p sets. Can you lucky owners who will be so kind, take a few moments and write up a small review? If possible, list the following:

Sammy model:

Seating distance from TV:

Cable or Sat provider used:

Inputs used and for what?

Hooked up to PC?

What you like most?

What you like least?

Issues/Comments:

Thanks a lot!

HL-R6168

8.5' (Bought the larger size for a new house I'm building, but, the distance is actually quite comfortable)

Direct TV with HR10-250 and OTA Antenna

HDMI1=HR10-250

HDMI2=DVD HD-950

Component=XBox

Composite=VCR

No PC yet

I like the picture quality the best. After 2 years of shopping I have no buyers remorse. SD TV was better than expected even at the close viewing distance.

Dolby Digital can not be listened to through the TV via an HDMI input. I have the same problem with both the HR10-250 and DVD950. Both problems can be solved by changing the audio to 2 channel or PCM but this is a pain to do every time. I realize that the TV only has 2 channels, but, I just wish it would convert the audio internally.

I also have some lip synch issues but only on some channels so I guess this is a content problem.

Overall, very happy with decision and highly recommend. I would definitely recommend to go as big as I could with the screen size.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryCPA
wow, no one?
Check out the 1080p Samsung owner's forum ask some owners

to post some reviews!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.