AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure anyone has seen this but I was updating my Universal Remote MX-700 remote software (did the live update) to see if I could find something for my new HLR6178 and noticed that under TV's and Samsung they have amongst many model numbers something called "Discrete Functions". After hitting save and looking through the pages I noticed that they had HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 along with many other discrete codes for ieee, VGA and Comp . I'm not at home to try it but will be in about 3 hours and will keep you updated. If anyone get a chance to do it before me feel free to update us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGriff1051
Not sure anyone has seen this but I was updating my Universal Remote MX-700 remote software (did the live update) to see if I could find something for my new HLR6178 and noticed that under TV's and Samsung they have amongst many model numbers something called "Discrete Functions". After hitting save and looking through the pages I noticed that they had HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 along with many other discrete codes for ieee, VGA and Comp . I'm not at home to try it but will be in about 3 hours and will keep you updated. If anyone get a chance to do it before me feel free to update us.
Were you able to get a discrete code to work for HDMI 2?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
I'm presently waiting (impatiently!!!), for my HL-R6178 to arrive.


Are you delighted with your's? And, did you have any "biggies"

prior to investing in this one?


Many thanks. D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko
Were you able to get a discrete code to work for HDMI 2?
I can't get HDMI 2 or Ant/DTV to work. All other codes are good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Anyone find the DTV code? I'm not using HDMI2 at the moment, so it doesn't bother me to not have that code. I just want the code to go directly to cable TV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbugbee
Anyone find the DTV code? I'm not using HDMI2 at the moment, so it doesn't bother me to not have that code. I just want the code to go directly to cable TV.
You may be able to use the Anynet program to do this. That's what I did for Ant and it works perfectly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
RMSko > Please explain your last post. How does the ''Anynet program'' help to select Ant/DTV?

I too have been able to locate all the needed input codes. I use the Marantz RC-9500 so the method is different, but successful.

However, I too still need to locate Ant/Cable discrete select.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top