AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Can anyone out there help me figure out what happened to the power going to my dlp lamp? First; I had a color wheel that broke into who knows how many pieces; so i ordered that off ebay and took the old one out and put the new one in. At that time before the color wheel broke; the lamp was working fine. however now; whenever i plug it in and turn it on; I get no lamp and the lamp indicator on the front panel comes on, then after a period of time of trying to light the lamp; the unit turns off then back on and does the same thing all over again. It does this until finally I get all 3 lights(timer, standby/temp, and lamp) flashing. At first i thought maybe the lamp just needed to be re-seated. So, i tried that. I also tried to hold down the small blue switch inside the lamp cover to try and get it to fire; but still nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Anyone out there have any ideas on this? I took out the balast and looked at it thoroughly to make sure there are no burn marks on it and it seems like its ok so i doubt thats the problem. But how could my lamp work fine before replacing my color wheel; then all the sudden not work after replacing the color wheel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I know for a fact that i didnt leave anything unplugged during the color wheel swap. Is there a correct way to ensure that the copper/brown colored ribbon type cable coming from the color wheel that goes into the slot on top of the one circuit board is connected properly. I mean i pushed it in to make sure the silver part of the cable was pushed in all the way. I did that; put it back together; plugged the tv back in and the lamp still would not light and i got the lamp indicator on the front of the tv flashing. So, i tried re-seating the lamp thinking that was the issue; but still; i got nothing. Pulled the tray with the lamp and projector back out and now i have another problem. by mistake; I accidentally pulled the ribbon cable with the small connector that connects to the front of the balast off the circuit board and the connector came with it. Short of buying another board; is there any way to re-sotter/resolder it back into the spot where it was? Thanks Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts