AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forums and to HDTV ownership in general...

I just picked up a 4667W from a local warehouse, it was an ex-floor model it seems, and for the most part works fantastic. The only issue with it, and why it was heavily discounted, is that there are a couple of scratches in the screen in the front.

Now my question is, there is a place in town that will cut a new screen and replace it for me, but it'll be a lot less if I just take the screen/front bezel in. So my question is this: Is there anyone that can tell me how to remove the front screen/bezel? On my old 50" Toshiba RPCRT it was easy enough, remove the speaker grill and remove 2 screws at the bottom and it lifts off. But I'm not brave enough to start prying on panels on this TV without knowing the details...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So not a single person here knows anything about this TV at all?

Hopefully someone can give me some insight, I'm fairly new to HD and would hope someone can give me some pointers...

I have an additional question: I'm really not up on the anatomy of these sets as of yet... Is there just one screen in the front that the image is projected onto from the rear and the front of that screen anti-glare, or does this have a separate screen "protector" in the front that is the anti-glare sheet? So I guess the answer to that would tell me exactly what I need to replace... There aren't any cracks or anything, just a couple of scratches in the front that are noticeable when there is a bright scene...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.