Nothing to see here.....move along.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No... Sorry.

·
Registered
377 Posts
After 7 years & 10 months and no repairs done, my HL-R6167W died yesterday. It started making a squealing noise and then noticed every thing/channel was B&W, so I assumed the color wheel died. There also has been a slight flickering of the brightness the past several months. It still has all the original parts, but decided that spending $275-$300 replacing the wheel, lamp & ballast on it was not worth it. Replaced it with a Samsung UN60F6350A, 60" LED Smart TV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
RIP

When ours ever goes we're going to need a new piece of furniture for the new one. That'll be an expensive hit.

But for now, ours looks great.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mine still growing strong doing Xbox duties on the weekends. I also have a second identical model to use for parts when needed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I replaced my color wheel myself and put a new lamp in at the same time. All for less than $200 and the TV looks fabulous! Pretty easy DIY fix.

·
Registered
377 Posts
For the first time ever, I looked into the service menu to see what the lamp hours was at before it goes to the dump next week. 8993 hours. It's always been in the lower level family room, where it 3-5 degrees cooler, and with the central A/C on in the hot/humid weather.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Update: I have a relative who is having his w/o basement finished off, and he's willing to pay for the color wheel if I put it in. So I guess it's not going to the dump after all.

Reactions: AzDragonLord

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Good to hear you kept it running!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll be retiring our 42" soon. $389 for an LED solution.

Anyone interested in this one?

I have my original lamp in a box still with only 3K hours I think, and the one I replaced it with is still good, too.

I assume the color wheel just went. Horrible loud humming sound now and the colors are off.

·
Registered
211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSoFar  /t/537675/samsung-hlrxx67w-owners-thread-720p-dlp-hdtv/3990#post_24139260

I'll be retiring our 42" soon. $389 for an LED solution.

Anyone interested in this one?

I have my original lamp in a box still with only 3K hours I think, and the one I replaced it with is still good, too.

I assume the color wheel just went. Horrible loud humming sound now and the colors are off.
It'll be a good parts-machine, but Baltimore is a little out of my range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bump for this thread!

in need of assistance for a HLR4667W TV. I have replaced both lamp and color wheel and the TV is making a strange high pitched noise and progresses to a low pitch. Much like an 8bit video game sound of a bomb dropping. Anyone here have that issue?

Hoping this thread returns from the Dead! :D

Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not sure, as mine still runs quiet. Is it coming from the back or from the speakers? If you run it with the back off and listen carefully you might be able to narrow down the source.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure, as mine still runs quiet. Is it coming from the back or from the speakers? If you run it with the back off and listen carefully you might be able to narrow down the source.
Thank you for your reply,

I have run the TV with the back cover off and it sounds like its coming from the ColorWheel. Thats the reason why I replaced the colorwheel in the first place.

We bought a brand new colorwheel and a brand new lamp, both replaced and it still makes the noise. I'll try to get a recording up to give you guys an illustration.

Cheers!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Move along....nothing happening here.

4001 - 4020 of 4035 Posts