AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this up for a cool $800.00 and now just want to know the best way to set it up. I was told that the dynamic is now a good choice.

so I guess what I'm asking is what to set every thing at for best picture?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1up /forum/post/0

I just picked this up for a cool $800.00 and now just want to know the best way to set it up. I was told that the dynamic is now a good choice.

so I guess what I'm asking is what to set every thing at for best picture?

To me, dynamic burns my retinas and makes my brain hurt.

I like to use the darker default settings... anything but dynamic.

·
Registered
409 Posts
you should use the movie setting and turn off all "enhancement" options (dnie, etc)...then use the avia or digital video essentials dvds to get the best (most accurate) picture you can get (without getting an isf calibration -- which you may eventually want to get anyway).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CC I'm thinking of taking it back though, I was just playing xbox 360 on an old (RCA) crt 52 inch HD 1080i and it was REALLY nice! I could pick on up for $650. I payed $800.00+tax+warrenty. $1,100

·
Registered
16,177 Posts
no1up, first of all, Dynamic is for a bright showroom and is the worst setting to watch on. Use Movie if you're watching in the dark and Normal during the day (although your own Custom, using a calibration DVD, would be the best). Second, do not get a CRT for gaming due to the risk of burn-in -- you'll regret it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.