AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize I am being a pest on this forum especially as a new member. I apologize for that. I have asked a lot of general questions which are difficult and often frustrating to answer.

This time I have a question regarding details that were given to me about calibrating Samsung televisions. I went to Best Buy to purchase the tv being stern that I wanted more than 2 inputs calibrated by their calibrators. I was then told that all inputs on Samsungs are calibrated at the same time, meaning what I wanted was not a problem. That does not seem like truth to me. If this is not truth, I want to get a refund of my money. Can someone please, please tell me what the true story is with Samsung RPTVs?

Thank you so much.

· Registered
605 Posts
Hello tf1216,

This is not true. Not all inputs are calibrated on these displays at the same time. The factory menu structure works so that certain things are global and affect the entire display, or all inputs, but other adjustments are input type and resolution dependent. In order to properly calibrate these displays they will need to do each input that you are using at the various acceptable resolutions.

Good Pictures!

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.