AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung hp-r4252 plasma hdtv and I am getting lines all over the screen I am capable of fixing electronics but I just would like to get an opinion on which board or boards I need to replace. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
988 Posts
The Y-buffer is bad, replacement of the Y-buffer is necessary to fix this. Easy enough to do yourself. You will need to open the set up and take pictures and we can help you locate where the Y-buffer is.

·
Registered
988 Posts
In this case, replacement of both is necessary. Before you do this, verify the voltages on the panel sticker. If you need help with this, you will need to post a picture of the Y-main board; this is the board which the Y-buffers connect to

·
Registered
988 Posts
You have two Y-buffers; they are the left hand boards in that picture with the orange ribbons exiting them.

Part number LJ9x-xxxxxxA (A=any letter) will be written on the boards somewhere.

·
Registered
988 Posts
We need to check the voltages which will go to the new buffer board are not out of range and that they will not damage the board again and cause the same symptom.

There is a board which connects to the power supply under the right mount bracket, there should be some points marked Vs, Vset and Vsc on there, do you see them?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yep... Looks like on yours Vsc = Vscan.

You have a digital multimeter?

Set meter on the highest DC volt scale, put the black probe on the chassis of the TV and the red probe on the Vscan, then the Vset pad. Note the voltage in both conditions. Careful not to slip the probe. Vs can be tested later.

·
Registered
988 Posts
OK, they are both good. There is also Vs. There should be a test point marked Vs on either the sub board or the main power board. Be careful when probing Vs, unlike the other rails, it has a lot of energy behind it. If Vs, Vsc and Vset are all good, a new buffer should be all you need.

·
Registered
988 Posts
A little low, but not going to cause any problems.

Part number LJ9x-xxxxxxA (A=any letter) will be written on the buffer boards somewhere. That is the code you need to order by.

Places to order: ShopJimmy, eBay, other parts shops.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Since you have a picture, even if it is distorted, the Y-main is good.

$110 is pretty steep, but it appears to be a common issue so I guess the parts are rare.

Out of interest what is the LJ9x part #? I will see if I can find some cheaper for you.

·
Registered
988 Posts
$104 total
http://www.replacementvparts.com/en/home/414-samsung-lj92-01203a-lower-y-scan.html
http://www.replacementvparts.com/en/home/413-samsung-lj92-01202a-upper-y-board.html

(not sure on shipping though)

$85 plus shipping (???)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUFFER-KIT-LJ41-02760A-LJ41-02761A-or-LJ92-01202A-LJ92-01203A-upper-and-lower-/221141495118?pt=US_TV_Boards_Parts_Components&hash=item337d0f6d4e

In general seems to be quite pricey. Perhaps check local Craiglist etc for any of these models with smashed screens... I've been able to get them for free before, plus you get a spare set of boards in case something else is at fault.

(according to ShopJimmy)

DELL W4201CHD

ELECTROGRAPH DTS4225A

NORCENT PT-4291HD

PHILIPS 42PF5321D

PHILIPS 42PF5321D/37

PHILIPS 42PF5321P/37

PHILIPS 42PF7220A/37

PHILIPS 42PF7320A

PHILIPS 42PF7320A/37

PHILIPS 42PF7321D/37

PHILIPS 42PF9630A

POLAROID PLA-4240

SAMSUNG HPR4252X/XAA

SAMSUNG HPR4262X/XAA

SAMSUNG PPM42M5HB

SANYO DP42746

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.