AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching ABC news and suddenly the screen went dark (blue eye didnt come on - so it didn't get turned off). It was dark, so I tried to turn it off and back on - when it came back on, the screen was very dull - parts of it were like i am looking at a negative. Does anyone have any idea of why this is? Is it gone?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizdock /forum/post/12984454

I was watching ABC news and suddenly the screen went dark (blue eye didnt come on - so it didn't get turned off). It was dark, so I tried to turn it off and back on - when it came back on, the screen was very dull - parts of it were like i am looking at a negative. Does anyone have any idea of why this is? Is it gone?

Sounds like it's time to take advantage of your 2 year warranty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopaul /forum/post/12986062

Sounds like it's time to take advantage of your 2 year warranty

OMG really?
is this a known issue? or what's gone wrong?

so they repair or replace? when i logged in my case, it says that we have to ship it, if need be, for plasma and s&h is covered only for lcd?

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizdock /forum/post/12986763

OMG really?
is this a known issue? or what's gone wrong? so they repair or replace? when i logged in my case, it says that we have to ship it, if need be, for plasma and s&h is covered only for lcd?

Have you actually called Samsung to arrange warranty repair? Does the warranty not provide for in-home repair? Why on earth would you have to ship it somewhere to have it repaired?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizdock /forum/post/12986763

OMG really?
is this a known issue? or what's gone wrong?

so they repair or replace? when i logged in my case, it says that we have to ship it, if need be, for plasma and s&h is covered only for lcd?

Call customer service. Regardless of how it gets fixed, you shouldn't have to pay for a thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopaul /forum/post/12989246

Call customer service. Regardless of how it gets fixed, you shouldn't have to pay for a thing.

I logged in a case online and someone from a local svc center called me. They heard the symptoms and said that the logic panel or board is gone. They need to order it and will come to my place next Friday.

That thing about shipping I think is a standard thing they show online when you login a case - that IF it needs to be brought in, you have to pay for it and they will ship it back at their expense.

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizdock /forum/post/12997477

I logged in a case online and someone from a local svc center called me. They heard the symptoms and said that the logic panel or board is gone. They need to order it and will come to my place next Friday.

That thing about shipping I think is a standard thing they show online when you login a case - that IF it needs to be brought in, you have to pay for it and they will ship it back at their expense.

Ok that makes more sense.

A few years ago i bought a small Samsung LCD for a bedroom and it went bad after 3 weeks. I contacted Samsung and they told me that i have to ship it to a repair center at my expense, and that they'd either repair it or replace it with a new or refurbished unit and ship it back to me at their expense. I couldn't believe my ears. When i asked if i'd get reimbursed for shipping it to the repair center she said no, it's up to me to pay to ship it to them if i wanted it repaired under warranty. I got on her case about it but she said that's their policy, but if it were a plasma then they would send a technician to my home and if they couldn't repair it in-home, the repair shop would transport it to the shop and back at no extra charge. But not the small LCD TVs.

I promptly returned that defective POS Samsung LCD to CC for a refund and bought an HP/OEM Sharp from J&R instead which is still working perfect after two years of daily use. And the HP's PQ is way better than that Samsung's was so i'm glad it blew up. I will never buy a Samsung product again. Poor product and poor customer service.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizdock /forum/post/12997477

That sounds more like it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts