AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Samsung HT-BD2E mid-week to go with a new Samsung 550 LCD. I'm not sure I am 100% happy with it, but I don't have wide experience with new HTIBs to know what the norm is with these things.

Sound is decent, but the limited input options is something I didn't consider properly. Also, the Anynet+ stuff is annoying, but may be something I just need to get used to.

The PQ I am questioning too... Is this unit supposed to be a good upscaler for DVDs?

I paid $650. Was this a dumb move on my part? Could I have done better with another HTIB or separates (player, receiver and 5.1 speakers)?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was curious so I looked up your system, and I love how they call it a "Blu-ray home theatre" when there's no blu-ray player included.

Why don't you just return it and get an actual HTIB without the included dvd player?

·
Registered
30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadogg /forum/post/15451548

I just bought a Samsung HT-BD2E mid-week to go with a new Samsung 550 LCD. I'm not sure I am 100% happy with it, but I don't have wide experience with new HTIBs to know what the norm is with these things.

Sound is decent, but the limited input options is something I didn't consider properly. Also, the Anynet+ stuff is annoying, but may be something I just need to get used to.

The PQ I am questioning too... Is this unit supposed to be a good upscaler for DVDs?

I paid $650. Was this a dumb move on my part? Could I have done better with another HTIB or separates (player, receiver and 5.1 speakers)?

How many inputs did you need? I have/had mine and connected my hd dvd player and hd dvr to it through optical cable and my xbox through component. I jsut wish the actually bluray player in the machine would work! waiting on samsung to send mine back "fixed" we will see how that goes. I have to say I am not impressed by samsung at all. Their customer service is not good at all. I don't think I would ever buy anything from them, their prices are good in comparison to sony or panasonic but man it's been a major headache, not worth saving $200!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts