AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the photo's of this and it kinda makes me wish I had a Samsung 'TOC' TV. If I did I'd be running out to pre-order this unit right now

""Touch of Color" red-accented design and curved enclosures, the HT-BD7200 gets a Blu-ray upgrade (replete with BD-Live capability and Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding) and support for streaming Netflix online video and the Pandora music service. It's also Wi-Fi-ready, but you'll need to invest in a separate USB 802.11n dongle, or stick with wired Ethernet connectivity instead. Other niceties include an iPod dock and the ability to stream audio from A2DP-compatible Bluetooth audio devices, such as music phones. Like the other Blu-ray home-theater-in-a-box systems in Samsung's 2009 lineup, the HT-BD7200 also includes a "green-friendly" kelp-based subwoofer.

The HT-BD7200 will be available in the first half of 2009 (price TBD). Alternatives include the Samsung HT-BD8200 (speakerbar plus wireless subwoofer) and the HT-BD1250 (standard 5.1-channel design), which--aside from their different designs--offer the same basic feature sets."

Here's a link to the article. Click on the pics below it to see better shots and angles of it.
http://ces.cnet.com/8301-19167_1-101...html?tag=mncol

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson99 /forum/post/15538157

I just saw the photo's of this and it kinda makes me wish I had a Samsung 'TOC' TV. If I did I'd be running out to pre-order this unit right now

I have the Samsung 52" 850 and was totally excited for the HT-BD1250 to come out. Until I found out the rear speakers aren't wireless. You have to buy the Samsung SWA 4000 and even then, they aren't truly wireless. You have to plug the rear speakers into the SWA 4000. Yes, that makes them wireless from the receiver. But, what's the use in plugging the SWA 4000 in behind a couch (or what ever) across the room? You'll still have to run wires from the 4000 to the speakers.

Don't get me wrong, the system is AWESOME if you don't mind running wires. I'm just looking for wireless. That's why I'll probably go with Sony's BDV-E500W. It uses S-Air technology. The BDV-E300 is all wired and will retail for $599 and the BDV-E500W will retail for $799.

If they for some reason make a HT-BD1250W, I'm all over it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
That was my wife's first response, your TV is black and red, and a semi-clear sort of thing going on. And here you are looking at some finished speakers. The wife can't see these picture, or know of their existence. I really hope we don't see them in a store somewhere.
Although seriously they do look quite good, and would mesh very well with my TOC TV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts