AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Brandsmart to buy a HT-BD1250 only to find, sitting right next to it, a new Samsung HTIB HT-C5500. Basically the same features as the 1250 but newer style. I can't find any reviews on this thing. Now I don't know which one I should get

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went and took a closer look. It doesn't have Anynet+. Only has one optical input. No HDMI inputs. Just their new entry level HTIB

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by romajc84 /forum/post/18292903

I went and took a closer look. It doesn't have Anynet+. Only has one optical input. No HDMI inputs. Just their new entry level HTIB

It does, in fact, have Anynet+ compatability. It is their "entry level" Blu-Ray HTIB. They have a standard DVD model as well.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Any reviews on this?

I'm just looking for something to replace a basic DVD HTIB system in a family room (got a proper HT for serious viewing). Looking for reasonable surround sound, Blu-ray support, Netflix and DLNA. Already have a BD-C5500 which has worked flawlessly for me so far.

Cheers,

Mark

[EDIT] Decided to go ahead and order the HT-C5500 - the current deal at Buy(dot)com is too good to miss ($125 instant rebate until 5/15)

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
So I now have the HT-C5500.

I must say very impressed with the features it packs for its price!

Set up was very easy and sounds OK when you factor in that its a budget system (and family room shape and acoustics are sub-par), replaced an old Sony DAV-C450 HTIB and sounds much better than that.

Its not going to get a lot of Blu-ray playback as we watch movies mostly in the Home Theatre - this will predominately get used for streaming of downloaded Brit TV shows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had the HT-C5500 for about a week now and I must say I like it a lot.

Setup was a little tricky for me as my Plasma didn't want to accept it in 1080i mode, so i had to hook it up via component cables, switch the setting to 720 and then after that, it worked just fine.

This home theatre packs a punch for such small speakers. Hey, I'm not audio expert but the sound is pretty damn good. If you hook up the rear speakers via the SWA-5000 unit, then you really get nice surround sound and get the speakers off the floor too.

Video looks really good too. I'm impressed so far with this unit, I really like it and it looks great too. It was only $499.00 but with a store credit, I was able to pick up this unit for $450.00, a good investment since I can't afford a Bose system just yet.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Anyone having lip sync issues when playing AllShare media (i.e. streaming MKV from PC using Samsung PCSM)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
They're basically giving this away at Amazon with the purchase of one of their samsung HDTVs.

Seems like an ok system, but the main thing that confuses me is the number of inputs. It says no HDMI, 1 audio and 1 optical. Is that really it? How do you hook up any additional sources, like a Wii and a PS3 at the same time (plus a cable box)?

Do you have to just manually swap those out if you want to take advantage of the speakers?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Yes, thats correct - this is not a good choice if you want it to switch between devices, you will need something like the HT-C6600 which has 2 HDMI inputs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I am having voice sync issues all the time. Sometimes its with streaming video, but I have also had issues with DVDs and Blu-ray discs. It is worse with some things more than others. I've even noticed some TV shows seem out of sync from time to time. It's been a bit frustrating. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced the issue and what can be done to fix it.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Since last software release I'm yet to expeirence lipsync issues on streamed material (mp4, mkv etc).

With the new Netflix interface and Vudu HT this is turning into a very good buy for me.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkim1104
Does this model come with cables to hook the speakers including the rear ones to the receiver?
Yes, includes ALL speaker cables.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkim1104 /forum/post/19554485

I have a sony hdtv, ps3, and a htc 5500. I only have one Hdmi cable and one optical cable. Do i need another hdmi or optical cable?

How many HDMI inputs does the Sony HDTV have? Personally I would use HDMI from both the HT-C5500 & PS3 into the TV.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInVA /forum/post/19555605

How many HDMI inputs does the Sony HDTV have? Personally I would use HDMI from both the HT-C5500 & PS3 into the TV.

the sony has 2 hdmi inputs. can one optical cable connect the htc5500 cause it also has a bluray player. so how does the picture get transferred to the tv?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
HDMI passes both Audio/Video to TV but with the HT-C5500 you would not pass audio to TV. I use the optical on the HT-C5500 to pass audio from my cable box.

The HT-C5500 does not switch video (no HDMI input) so if you were expecting that you need a higher model)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Going to recommend this bundle to a friend of mine who is in the market for another Blu-Ray player and some type of external speaker source for his bedroom, looks like a good choice for the price it's going for on Amazon right now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts