Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...long time lurker....sorry for the long thread

Equipment:

TV: Samsung UN60ES7100F

HTiB: Samsung HT-E5500W

Roku 3

I'm having a problem where the video cuts out on my TV for 2-5 seconds at a time while the audio continues to play. Sometimes the issue won't occur for a week or two at a time...but when it happens...it happens so frequently that it's hard to watch a complete program without wanting to throw the remote. When the video comes back on, I get the splash-popup in the top left saying HDMI1 (or whatever source I'm on) as if I had just changed sources.

I used to have a DirecTV cable box and had the same problem but recently 'cut the cord'...Roku has the same issue. So I know it's not the DTV box. I don't think it's the TV as it happens on all 3 HDMI inputs. HD-E5500W only has one output, that's HDMI out and what I'm obviously using. I haven't tried a different cable because it runs behind the wall and fireplace (TV mounted). It would be a pain for me to take the TV off and fish a new cable so I've been putting that off.......

Recently, I plugged the Roku directly into the TV using the same cable that used to go to the HT box and the issue has gone away...making me think it was a problem with the HTIB. It's only about two years old. Unfortunate I'm having this issue as one the features I really like about the Samsung HTIB product is the rear 'wireless' speakers. I have 12 foot ceilings and a good sized great-room so running speaker wire up and around the wall would be a huge PITA.

Is there anything else I can try to make this problem go away? Does it sound like a hardware problem with the HTIB? I am going to try to call Samsung tomorrow to see if there's anything they are willing to do...but I doubt it. I'm definitely out of the 1-yr warranty. If it continues to act up, I think I will ditch the HTIB concept (This is my third, have had weird issues with all 3...and have another issue with the current unit I'm using but won't go into that now...
) and go with separate component devices and a standalone receiver unit.

Thanks for any feedback or input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've since plugged my Roku 3 directly into the TV with the same cable and the problem has gone away...so it seems to be an issue with my HTIB unit for anyone out there having the same issue. I'm going to get rid of it and get a component system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Issue - DVD Playback blacks out

I am having the same issue especially with DVD playback which blacks out for 1/2 second every 5-15 seconds. The audio continues through the black out. The TV reacts like the video is just found or the input was changed. It happens with multiple DVDs and they are clean. It happens briefly and less often when watching YouTube with SmartHub - only sometimes does the TV react like video was found. It does not happen with the BluRay playback. And it does not happen when I am watching content from the set-top box which I have passing through the HDMI1 input of the Samsung HTiB which indicates it is not an issue with the HDMI cable nor the TV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts