AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I just purchased a Phillips 47" LCD and a Samsung home theater in a box. I have figured out how to get sound to come through the speakers while watching a DVD, but when I go back to watch regular TV it only comes through the speakers on the tv and not the surround sound. Oh yea when watching DVD sound doesnt come through the speakers on the TV. I am using the HDMI cable....Guess I should let you know that I am using an Direct TV HD receiver. I have tried running the componet cables from the direct tv box the the dvd player, and from the tv to the dvd player....I'm stuck guys so any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Depends on which one, I suppose.

I got the 5disk changer with 5.1 surround sound and the wireless rear speakers.

Secondary player uses HDMI cable for sound by default, or fiber if I switch to digital in (for 5.1)

Tv uses the RCA, LG (plays my DL disks fantastically, and better at Mpeg4/xvid playback) and the changer...well, needs no input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How exactly do I set up wich one I want to be defualt or whatever? This stuff really loses me lol....looks like the instructions would be better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts