AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately the warranty period has expired. I'm fairly certain I have a faulty unit but I was hoping someone might have a fix.

The soundbar will go to maximum volume without a user input. It happens intermittently and with no warning. I have repositioned it, updated the software and tried every setting I can think of.

One other problem it has is it wil switch inputs by itself, thus making the user to scroll back to the correct input.

It's too bad because the sound quality is very good. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Samsung 58" plasma

Samsung Bluray

Dish Network

·
Registered
563 Posts
Have you treid to find out where the "eye" is for the remote and covering it with black electrical.tape? I only ask cause I had a similar issue with a sound dock at one point, and once I covered the remote receiver, the problem went away.

Maybe something else in your house is intermittently transmitting a frequency that's close to what your sound bar is looking for. Any new purchases?

·
Registered
7 Posts
This has happened to me a couple of times. It doesn't happen often. Some random signal may be the explanation for the sudden increase in volume? I have already updated the firmware. I have just tried turning the Auto Volume OFF to see if maybe there is a bug that causes this random behaviour. I will update if the problem occurs again with this OFF. I still like the unit despite its quirks. It works well most of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.