AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have a Bell expressvu SAT receiver that is HD though it does not have any HDMI outputs on it. For Video I use DVI and for the audio I use the Digital Optical out.

I bought the Samsung HW-C560S HTIB and Ive connected the VIDEO-DVI to the HDMI SAT (i used a DVI to HDMI converter plug) on the HTIB and then Ive connected the Digital Opitical to the Digitial Optical IN on the HTIB.

When I select the source (SAT) I can only select either the HDMI2 or the OPT2 inputs, which results in either getting the picture or the sound.

Is there anyway to combine this? Or will I have to use Component instead of the DVI?

If I do use component is it less quality then DVI for video?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do that but then I get audio and no video.

If i select SAT and cycle to HDMI2 then I get picture but no audio (which is expected since DVI is only video).

Right now I changed to Component with the Digital Audio still plugged in. I have SAT Optical2 selected and now I get both video and audio. So now Im more confused.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the bottom of the controller there is a SAT button first i hit that.

then i will hit Audio assign until i get to Optical 2 in order to get audio which i get but then i lose my video.

Do you have the same setup as me? DVI converted to HDMI and then digital audio?

What Im thinking is that since HDMI is digital audio and video and digital optical is also digital audio...i cant select both. Because HDMI would give me digital audio in the first place. My problem is I dont have HDMI coming from my BELL Sat receiver.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little update. I plugged my DVI (with HDMI plug) directly into my Samsung TV from my Bell receiver.

Then I plugged my digital audio into my samsung HTIB so now i have digital all around I just have to take the extra step on my TV to select a source if i want a certain video source.

I hope i can figure out a better way later on. Ultimately I hope to have everything though my samsung HTIB but I think i'll need a new bell expressvu receiver for that.

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
Sorry, I don't own this HTIB.

Instead of pressing the bottom SAT button, press the Input Select (upper top right corner) button and cycle to SAT. Then use the Audio Assign button and cycle to SAT Optical-2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts