AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just updated firmware for samsung hw-f450, and my auto-power feature doesn't work any more for digital input.
Maybe I shouldn't have touched it anyway, but I thought it will improve funtionality somehow, and now this is what I got.

Soundshare works fine with auto-power feature, but I like digital input over soundshare--I think it sounds better, and the sound lags little bit when I use my tv & soundbar as a pc monitor & speaker. And if I use soundshare there's no option to adjust audio sync.

Only digital input has problem with auto-power feature.
And I don't use HDMI because my tv has arc, but not the hdmi out, and I'm confused about this.

Can anyone please help me to solve this problem?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hi all,

I just updated firmware for samsung hw-f450, and my auto-power feature doesn't work any more for digital input.
Maybe I shouldn't have touched it anyway, but I thought it will improve funtionality somehow, and now this is what I got.

Soundshare works fine with auto-power feature, but I like digital input over soundshare--I think it sounds better, and the sound lags little bit when I use my tv & soundbar as a pc monitor & speaker. And if I use soundshare there's no option to adjust audio sync.

Only digital input has problem with auto-power feature.
And I don't use HDMI because my tv has arc, but not the hdmi out, and I'm confused about this.

Can anyone please help me to solve this problem?
I can't help with the firmware update situation but I can help with the HDMI (ARC). No TV has an HDMI OUT. What ARC (Audio Return Channel) does is allows an HDMI IN to function as an out for Audio. So an HDMI (ARC) input on the TV will act as an input for both audio and video and also act as an output for audio from the TV to a soundbar or receiver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't help with the firmware update situation but I can help with the HDMI (ARC). No TV has an HDMI OUT. What ARC (Audio Return Channel) does is allows an HDMI IN to function as an out for Audio. So an HDMI (ARC) input on the TV will act as an input for both audio and video and also act as an output for audio from the TV to a soundbar or receiver.
Hi, thank you for help :)
So I connected HDMI cable from my tv HDMI (ARC) to the soundbar's HDMI IN, then the soundbar automatically changes input source to HDMI, but there's no sound.
I wonder if it's because of cable (the cable I'm using I think is v1.0), but I just read somewhere any HDMI cable would work for ARC function. Or I don't know if it's because my tv is 4k (but right now I'm using it as 1080p).

Any input for this problem, or my original problem would be greatly appreciated!:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure ARC is enabled on both the TV and soundbar.
When I read your message, I wasn't sure if my soundbar has ARC. Then I googled and found that it should be connected to HDMI OUT on the soundbar to ARC to be enabled.
Now, I reconnected the HDMI cable, and it works fine. Now I got auto-power feature back! :) (also with audio sync feature!)
Thanks much :)

Now I'm not so sure wheter HDMI or Digital input sounds better... :) (I was pretty sure digital input sounds much better than soundshare.)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
When I read your message, I wasn't sure if my soundbar has ARC. Then I googled and found that it should be connected to HDMI OUT on the soundbar to ARC to be enabled.
Now, I reconnected the HDMI cable, and it works fine. Now I got auto-power feature back! :) (also with audio sync feature!)
Thanks much :)

Now I'm not so sure wheter HDMI or Digital input sounds better... :) (I was pretty sure digital input sounds much better than soundshare.)
HDMI and the digital input should have equal audio quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts