AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using the LAN jack to connect their soundbar with the multiroom link and rear WAM speakers (wireless) with their Samsung TV ((wired)

The audio is breaking up a lot for me when I'm using my laptop WiFi around the soundbar and I think connecting the soundbar using the LAN jack could fix this issue. I connected the soundbar using the LAN jack but it always uses the WiFi. It seems like the speakers and TV will only use WiFi to send audio which is managed by the hub or (?) TV. The hub is required to get the setup working but I can't remember if the speakers/TV continued to work when I unplugged the hub. I may do some more testing to see if I can figure out how this system works.

Is the LAN jack used for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did a test of wiring all the speakers using the LAN jack and it didn't help with the audio breaking up. The speakers seem to only use the WiFi to send audio. I also disconnected the multiroom link hub and my TV was still able to use the speakers.

I also tried to disable the multiroom link to just use the soundbar with my TV using TV Sound Connect. My TV won't allow me to select this as an option. I'll have to do more research on my TV to see what this issue is or maybe use the optical output.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did more testing and it seems Samsung TVs that support multiroom link will create a WiFi network (direct?) when the feature is enabled which communicates on a 2.4 GHz frequency. This could interfere with your WiFi channel(s) so you will need to scan the WiFi in your area to see what channels are being used and use something different for your WiFi.

Also, Roku is using WiFi direct that can interfere with the speakers too.

I think when the multilink hub then it will broadcast/connect to the speakers using 5 GHz but this is for using the smart phone app.

I think the LAN jacks are just used to link the devices without WPS so they will communicate using WiFi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Using the WiFi with my Samsung TV is a bust. I've tried isolating the channel it's using to minimize interference and the audio will still break up. I've had a couple times that it sounded ok for awhile but then it will just start acting funny.

The surround sound using the app/hub seems ok. The audio is not breaking up and sounds crisp. Very enjoyable.

So for my TV I have the soundbar connected via HDMI which is turning it on/off and allows the TV remote to adjust the volume. For some reason the TV will not allow me to use the TV Sound Connect feature with the soundbar. I had another Samsung soundbar and this feature worked good with my TV, strange. It's like the multiroom link enabled on the TV disabled this feature. I reset the TV back to the default settings but it's still not allowing me to enable this feature.

If anyone has done any testing or would like to add anything, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I got the surround sound to work with my TV without the audio breaking up. I have the soundbar connected using HDMI ARC to my TV and using the Samsung multiroom link app you can add rear speakers to this setup. I think soundbar is using 5GHz for the rear speakers.

It's so nice so far. :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I've been building out the multiroom link system.

I have theHW-H750, WAM750 (4), WAM-270 (connected to outdoor speakers, need amp!) and WAM250. I have the Windows and Mac programs installed. I'm using the Android app to control it all. I have the hub setup to use 5GHz.

The Windows program seems to have issues with iTunes and doesn't get all my music. The Mac program gets everything. Both programs take awhile to find music so it's best to keep it minimized until it's done so it doesn't time out. I had the Windows program time out a lot but this might be caused by iTunes. When I uninstalled iTunes the program works.

The Android app takes awhile to load music and has a clunky interface to find music. I got a popup that the app should be getting updated soon so maybe Samsung will make it better. Overall the system is sweet right now. You can be anywhere you are connected to your wireless network to use the app. You can group speakers to play music throughout your house and outside (using the link mate). Changing the configuration of speakers is simple.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Samsung HW-H750 with WAM250 and two Shape M7

I originally purchased a Samsung H750 Soundbar and Subwoofer but wanted surround sound so I added a HUB WAM750 and one Shape M7. You cannot do surround with one M7, it does not let you. I then bought a 2nd M7 and was able to setup full surround using the Samsung Multiroom App from my phone.

Everything works great. There are times when the two M7's lose connectivity and I need to re-run the surround setup using the mobile App.

I assume Samsung will release some software updated for the various components to fix this issue.

The sound is really powerful and I am able to take one of the M7's outdoors on the deck and play music just from that speaker and re-run the surround setup afterwards to connect back for surround.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts