AVS Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 3162 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi from France guys...

Same problem here in France with soudbar.

I have a Q9FN 65"
ATV4K
Soudnbar N950

At this time, REAR are too quiet...
I made these settings FRONT -3 / SIDE -3/ TOP -2 / CENTER -3 // REAR +6 .. And i raise up global volume/sound.. It's a little better.

For Atmos, at this time NO WAY
Only thing i have , is 5.1....
I tried a matrix 4x4 HDMI 2.2 support and 2.0
IN 1 ATV4K
OUT 1 VIDEO TO HDM1 Q9FN
OUT 2 TO SOUNDBAR

5.1 only, atm no way to have the Atmos

A little late in the day, i'm going to try again...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi again

I had 15 feet HDMI cable x 2 HDMI 4K 2.2.2. No picture, no sound with ATV4K
So i decide to move the soundbar next to the ATV4K with same HDMI 4K cable but shorter

And now i have picture and atmos sound ! But.. Atmos by ATV4K in settings, but with Netflix app, no Atmos, no dolby vision.... only 5.1... What's the f..... Can't understand why ATV4K is ok with Atmos, but NEtflix doesnt want it.

I'll receive soon Moshou cable fiber 8K..

What i learned yesterday is the cable length seems to be a decisive point.. (and i had bought high quality HDMI cable 60Hz 4K 2.2.2 !)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hi again

I had 15 feet HDMI cable x 2 HDMI 4K 2.2.2. No picture, no sound with ATV4K
So i decide to move the soundbar next to the ATV4K with same HDMI 4K cable but shorter

And now i have picture and atmos sound ! But.. Atmos by ATV4K in settings, but with Netflix app, no Atmos, no dolby vision.... only 5.1... What's the f..... Can't understand why ATV4K is ok with Atmos, but NEtflix doesnt want it.

I'll receive soon Moshou cable fiber 8K..

What i learned yesterday is the cable length seems to be a decisive point.. (and i had bought high quality HDMI cable 60Hz 4K 2.2.2 !)
Netflix doesn't have a lot of Atmos content, it will say in the description of the show "Atmos" instead of 5.1. I know Bird Box is in Atmos and a few of the Marvel TV shows like Daredevil, try one of those. As for Dolby Vision, it has to be a show tagged "HDR" instead of "4k UHD".

·
Registered
6 Posts
If ATV4K doesn'it see Atmos effect, i wont be able to have using Netflix.
So only solution i found, is to have ATV4k => SOUNDBAR HDMLI IN => HDMI ARC OUT.
If i have a matrix HDMI 4x4 beetween ATV4K and Sounbar, i dont have Atmos anymore.

And u are right about 5.1. I finally find some movies with 5.1 on the screen .. but the soundbar shows at the Frontpanel "DOLBY ATMOS".
And next screen, finally i could see in Netflix, some movies not 5.1 but "DOLBY ATMOS"

It's really complicated...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are there more people having problems that after streaming (Bluetooth) Spotify from my Iphone to my soundbar that the volume go to 99 after turning on my LG C8 tv (ARC)?? It is not always, but when it happens the sounbar is very loud that it will damage the speakers some day. Any idea how this happen and how to solved this problem?
I Know when it happens. Playing Spotify just goes well. As soon as I push the Spotify app into the background with the home button and then set the Spotify app on pause (spotify menu from the top) and then shut down the iphone with the power button, the volume immediately goes to 99 on the soundbar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Know when it happens. Playing Spotify just goes well. As soon as I push the Spotify app into the background with the home button and then set the Spotify app on pause (spotify menu from the top) and then shut down the iphone with the power button, the volume immediately goes to 99 on the soundbar.
Bought this soundbar two days ago. First night, connected to it with my phone, hit play on Spotify, BOOM! 99 volume and scared the crap out of me, the wife, and the dog. Scared to ever try it again.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I also agree i didnt have any issues with sound quality or issuies passing Dolby Vision and Atmos via ARC on my LG C7 OLED. Works great, sounds great
Same here.....no issues getting Dolby Vision or HDR and Atmos via ARC on my 65 "LG C8 OLED. Works great, sounds great as well!!
HOWEVER, I have yet to see the DTSX light up on the front of the sound bar. I get Dolby Atmos scrolling across whenever I view such content but have yet to see DTSX. I tried YouTube using the (TV internal app)....played some DTSX content but it still does not show up, it didn't even sound like it was DTS.:confused::confused:
Can someone please tell me that they have actually seen the DTSX appear on the front of their unit. If so, what was your source or content?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought this soundbar two days ago. First night, connected to it with my phone, hit play on Spotify, BOOM! 99 volume and scared the crap out of me, the wife, and the dog. Scared to ever try it again.
99 volume come when you turn off your apps and hit your power button on your phone. Look at your bar and you see 99. This is a serious problem!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same here.....no issues getting Dolby Vision or HDR and Atmos via ARC on my 65 "LG C8 OLED. Works great, sounds great as well!!
HOWEVER, I have yet to see the DTSX light up on the front of the sound bar. I get Dolby Atmos scrolling across whenever I view such content but have yet to see DTSX. I tried YouTube using the (TV internal app)....played some DTSX content but it still does not show up, it didn't even sound like it was DTS.:confused::confused:
Can someone please tell me that they have actually seen the DTSX appear on the front of their unit. If so, what was your source or content?

Thanks
Yes, I've seen DTS:X scroll across my soundbar multiple times. I've seen it with blu-ray sources on my Xbox One (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Bourne Series) as well as files I've downloaded and played through Kodi on my Nvidia Shield (DTS:X demos [you can find them online], Jurassic Park, 1st Fast and Furious movie and some more). I believe the DTS:X tracks are only on the 4K blu-rays. I linked a video below of mine so you can see for yourself

Link to my video: https://streamable.com/sf26t

You can't see it too well, but it's there and if you zoom in you'll see it

Also my sources are not plugged in through ARC, I'm connected directly into the soundbar's HDMI ports. That may be why you're not seeing it? My TV can't output Atmos over ARC so I can't try either for you unfortunately

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Speaking of dtsx I have a good amount of dtsx and atmos uhd Blu-Rays and demo discs in both. My 2c I have to give the big heads up to atmos for height effects but both are strong far as being emersive but still atmos wins in My humble opinion. those of you who are able to demo both what is your opinion?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Speaking of dtsx I have a good amount of dtsx and atmos uhd Blu-Rays and demo discs in both. My 2c I have to give the big heads up to atmos for height effects but both are strong far as being emersive but still atmos wins in My humble opinion. those of you who are able to demo both what is your opinion?
For me, Atmos wins by a landslide. Some movies with DTS:X sound good, but they never feel comparable to Atmos. I agree they're both immersive, but Atmos seems to deliver on the promise of precise placement of sounds while also bringing the boom. DTS:X I feel fails at times on one or the other of those points. I lean towards DTS:X still being better than most 5.1 content; however some content in DTS-MA 7.1 will sound very comparable and at times discernible from DTS:X (Deadpool 2 is a good example of this, I don't have the 4K disk with Atmos). Whereas, I feel I also notice the significant difference when an Atmos track is playing. Atmos just feels like a whole different experience it seems. This was much harder to describe in words than I assumed it would be in my head.

At the end of the day though, I still enjoy how the soundbar handles all content, no one has any complaints when it's movie night with the fam. It all sounds great, but why would we be here if we couldn't healthily nitpick?? I'm also curious to how others feel.

·
Registered
LG CX 65” OLED | Samsung HW-N950 | Sony X800M2 | Xbox One X | PS4 Pro | Sony XBR-65x930e
137 Posts
I posted this on the samsung support forums but don't expect much help. I'm really beyond frustrated at this point and would love anyone who has had similar issues or knows a fix to lend a hand. Samsung support has been horrific at this point.

I've tried contacting support via chat at least 3 times, spent 54 minutes on the phone with support before getting disconnected/them hanging up with no return call and my issues with from minor annoyances to major issues.

I have a brand new 2018 NU8000 75", connected to a brand new N950 via a brand new high speed HDMI cable rated at&#1 60;18Gbps, connected to a brand new Xbox one X. All connections are new quality HDMI cables rated for 4k.
&#1 60;
List of issues from major to minor:
1. TV no longer displays Xbox source. I turn the TV on, turn the soundbar on, turn the Xbox on, TV and soundbar work, xbox is on and I can hear it's sound, but no video. I've tried connecting directly through the xbox to the tv and it works, so it's clearly an issue with the soundbar. Also swapped cables from xbox to soundbar to rule that out. Used a brand new samsung cable, still no video.
2. Soundbar displays firmware of 1005.1 on the smartthings app but 1005.0 on the soundbar itself. No idea how to correct, tried factory resetting the soundbar but changed nothing.
3. When the soundbar and xbox were working there was no "xbox app" like there was when I previously connected it directly to the TV. It was nice being able to select xbox via that app section rather than having to select the source and deal with the wierdness of switching between smart apps on the tv and the xbox.
4. When it was working together there was no way for the soundbar to automatically turn on with the TV. I could get the xbox to turn on and off withn the TV but never the soundbar unless I completely disconnected the xbox and reset the TV.
For your #1 I saw that issue maybe a month or so ago intermittently. I have not seen it since.

What are you trying to do on the Xbox when you only get the audio? I saw it when I launched Netflix trying to watch DV with Atmos content. Would launch(got screen flickering) then black screen but could hear the navigation sounds between screens and etc. In Netflix but no video. If I would single press the Xbox button on the console it would sleep then repress it would load to dashboard and video would reappear. Load Netflix and it would go out again. Only way to get it working was full xbox shutdown.

This seems wierd but try to set your audio output on Xbox to 5.1 instead of Bitstream out/Dolby Home (if that's what you have it set too). Not a solution but I think it's a handshake issue between the devices and that's why at least in my case rebooting the device fixed it. Experiment with some different settings to try to narrow it down.

I had a lot of intermittent issues early on but for the most part since the latest firmware and an upgrade of both my HDMI connections to the Belkin 48gbps cables (x930e to N950 via Arc and Xbox One X to N950), things have been pretty stable. I know this bar can't take advantage of these cables but I wanted the same rated cables across my devices hoping it would help.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yes, I've seen DTS:X scroll across my soundbar multiple times. I've seen it with blu-ray sources on my Xbox One (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Bourne Series) as well as files I've downloaded and played through Kodi on my Nvidia Shield (DTS:X demos [you can find them online], Jurassic Park, 1st Fast and Furious movie and some more). I believe the DTS:X tracks are only on the 4K blu-rays. I linked a video below of mine so you can see for yourself

Also my sources are not plugged in through ARC, I'm connected directly into the soundbar's HDMI ports. That may be why you're not seeing it? My TV can't output Atmos over ARC so I can't try either for you unfortunately
All my sources go into the TV and out through ARC and I get the DTS:X scroll. BUT, I also use the HDMI (Audio Only) from the 4K player that goes directly to the soundbar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I posted this on the samsung support forums but don't expect much help. I'm really beyond frustrated at this point and would love anyone who has had similar issues or knows a fix to lend a hand. Samsung support has been horrific at this point.

I've tried contacting support via chat at least 3 times, spent 54 minutes on the phone with support before getting disconnected/them hanging up with no return call and my issues with from minor annoyances to major issues.

I have a brand new 2018 NU8000 75", connected to a brand new N950 via a brand new high speed HDMI cable rated at 18Gbps, connected to a brand new Xbox one X. All connections are new quality HDMI cables rated for 4k.

List of issues from major to minor:
1. TV no longer displays Xbox source. I turn the TV on, turn the soundbar on, turn the Xbox on, TV and soundbar work, xbox is on and I can hear it's sound, but no video. I've tried connecting directly through the xbox to the tv and it works, so it's clearly an issue with the soundbar. Also swapped cables from xbox to soundbar to rule that out. Used a brand new samsung cable, still no video.
2. Soundbar displays firmware of 1005.1 on the smartthings app but 1005.0 on the soundbar itself. No idea how to correct, tried factory resetting the soundbar but changed nothing.
3. When the soundbar and xbox were working there was no "xbox app" like there was when I previously connected it directly to the TV. It was nice being able to select xbox via that app section rather than having to select the source and deal with the wierdness of switching between smart apps on the tv and the xbox.
4. When it was working together there was no way for the soundbar to automatically turn on with the TV. I could get the xbox to turn on and off withn the TV but never the soundbar unless I completely disconnected the xbox and reset the TV.
For #1 , which I think is your biggest issue, I think you may have the HDMI cable plugged into the wrong Xbox One X HDMI slot. There's 2 of them back there, try swapping to the other one to see if it works.

Same thing happens with me for #4 , but I've just learned to live with it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Rear speaker dropout help!

Love this system, but can't get the rear speakers to keep dropping out... a cracking/static sound every few seconds.

Rears are about 18 feet from the soundbar, and the specs say they are designed to work up to 30 plus feet away.

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Love this system, but can't get the rear speakers to keep dropping out... a cracking/static sound every few seconds.

Rears are about 18 feet from the soundbar, and the specs say they are designed to work up to 30 plus feet away.
Try in different locations. Distance is not the only factor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try in different locations. Distance is not the only factor.
. Thanks for the suggestion Gary. I also have this problem intermittently but thought it was a problem with my source. Do the rear soeakers connect through the sub? Is it important for them to have line of sight? I have my sub in the back corner of my media room, not the front near the soundbar as the manual suggests.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I remember having only one Rear speaker adjustment option to increase the volume level for all 4 speakers. Now I see there are two options one for Rear speaker and another for rear speaker heights in speaker level settings.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Thanks for the reply, perhaps the fact that all my sources are connected to the TV & I am only using ARC to the soundbar is the reason why I am not seeing DTSX.
My LG C8 OLED perhaps does not handle DTSX..... but it shouldn't have to do anything except pass the incoming audio signal and send it via ARc to the soundbar and let the sound bar do the processing.
I play a DTS HD master audio movie track from my Oppo 93 and it sounds every bit accurate, and my Oppo is connected to the TV, not the soundbar. :confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
All my sources go into the TV and out through ARC and I get the DTS:X scroll. BUT, I also use the HDMI (Audio Only) from the 4K player that goes directly to the soundbar.
So are you saying that you only get DTSX when you are using your 4K player? Or, do you also get DTSX from other sources as well? If so, which apps or sources are you using?
Perhaps the fact that all my sources are connected to the TV & I am only using ARC to the soundbar is the reason why I am not seeing DTSX.
My LG C8 OLED perhaps does not handle DTSX..... but it shouldn't matter or have to do anything except pass the incoming audio signal and send it via ARc to the soundbar and let the sound bar do the processing.

Any thoughts??

2241 - 2260 of 3162 Posts