Hmmm.... the ceiling in my man cave is 8ft high and I have the up-firing speakers on the soundbar set at +6. Since I am close to the minimum suggested height, this has got me thinking that higher volume doesn't necessarily mean better Atmos effect . Time to play around with the height volume.Hi all. This might be helpful for some that have bass issues. It help me and my bass is a lot better than it was. Still not great but definitely better.
Samsung Soundbar with Dolby Atmos® technology suggested setup
Recommended speaker layout
Samsung Soundbar with Dolby Atmos technology delivers cinematic sound that you feel from all around and overhead. To get the best results from your soundbar system, we’ve provided the following recommendations for your home theater setup.
Recommended room dimensions
• Suggested ceiling height: 9–12 feet (2.7–3.6 meters)
• Minimum ceiling height: 7.5 feet (2.3 meters)
• Maximum ceiling height: 14 feet (4.3 meters)
• Ceiling should be flat and constructed with acoustically reflective materials.* *These materials include drywall, plaster, hardwood and other rigid, non-sound absorbing material.
Recommended speaker placement
• Floor (listener plane) speaker height/soundbar height should be at your ear level when seated, typically 3.9 feet (1.2 meters) from the floor.
• Subwoofer should be on the left side, slightly in front of the soundbar. Pair subwoofer and surround speakers as part of your initial setup.
• Surround speakers should be approximately 3.3 feet (1 meter) behind the listener, 90–110 degrees from the center of the room.
• Speakers/soundbars with Dolby Atmos-enabled speaker elements should be placed so an upward-firing driver is no lower than ear level and no higher than halfway up the wall. Ensure nothing blocks the audio path of these upward-firing elements.
• Dolby Atmos sound can only be decoded via HDMI at the TV side. Use HDMI with ARC to connect. • Blu-Ray player needs to be connected to the soundbar and the settings
should be changed via the following steps: Blu-Ray Player Settings Menu > Sound > Digital Output > Bitstream (unprocessed).
Surround Speaker L
Surround Speaker R
© 2016 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Dolby and Dolby Atmos are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. Other company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks. Printed in U.S.A.