AVS Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 3141 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I keep having sound delay issues on my N950.
Its connected with an Q9f (2018) by arc (with an good hdmi cable) but there is an very noticable sound delay.

I have absolutely no idea how to fix it.
Is there any option available to delay the video?

When I select pcm on the tv there is an improvement but in some cases it will stop the 5.1 sound and only giving 2.0.
Try turning off CEC in TV settings. Then unplug TV power and soundbar power for a few minutes. Plug both back in, go into TV settings and turn on CEC and they should re-sync up (make sure Sound Settings is set back to the soundbar and not TV speakers). If that doesn't do the trick, then /shrug
When i disable cec I cannot select the soundbar in tv settings (hdmi cannot be selected only wifi).
When I do it without selecting soundbar it doenst help 😞.
In wifi the delay is much worse.

·
Registered
523 Posts
No new firmware update for a while. Guess we won't get the eARC function.
Lossy ATMOS sounds great via ARC. I don't think the difference in quality will be that much better. Also, in the thread of this bars twin brother(Q90R), they are still waiting on eARC. Don't hold your breath for the N950.

·
Registered
68 Posts
When i disable cec I cannot select the soundbar in tv settings (hdmi cannot be selected only wifi).
When I do it without selecting soundbar it doenst help 😞.
In wifi the delay is much worse.
Have you tried the sync setting on the remote? I not check the manual pg 28

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tv-arc

Has anyone managed to reliably get the HW-N950 to default to TV-ARC? Mine switches to D-IN so often that I have just unplugged the soundbar. It's connected to a Sony XBR on the HDMI ARC port. I have updated the firmware, done resets, changed HDMI cables, unplugged and plugged back in. However, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Has anyone managed to reliably get the HW-N950 to default to TV-ARC? Mine switches to D-IN so often that I have just unplugged the soundbar. It's connected to a Sony XBR on the HDMI ARC port. I have updated the firmware, done resets, changed HDMI cables, unplugged and plugged back in. However, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
D-In can be either ARC or optical depending on which you have connected to your XBR. Make sure you have CEC (Anynet on the Samsung) enabled on both devices. You are using the Sony's ARC port I assume?

·
Registered
16 Posts
D-In can be either ARC or optical depending on which you have connected to your XBR. Make sure you have CEC (Anynet on the Samsung) enabled on both devices. You are using the Sony's ARC port I assume?

The Samsung soundbar's HDMI Out is connected to TV-ARC HDMI port on the Sony TV. CEC is turned on, in the TV. How does one turn on CEC on the soundbar?

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
@ntxoa I saw your comments on the Q90R thread...
Might be a bit overkill, but try these settings as an experiment on your Q90/N950:

- SW +6
- Center -2
- 150hz +6

I use something very similar but instead of decreasing the Center channel by 2, I increased the sides by 2 so it is a wash. The SmartThings EQ options are what really helps tune these soundbars IMHO.

·
Registered
358 Posts
@ntxoa I saw your comments on the Q90R thread...
Might be a bit overkill, but try these settings as an experiment on your Q90/N950:

- SW +6
- Center -2
- 150hz +6

I use something very similar but instead of decreasing the Center channel by 2, I increased the sides by 2 so it is a wash. The SmartThings EQ options are what really helps tune these soundbars IMHO.
Yep, the equalizer settings are really useful. I actually don’t use the app though.

My K950 had started showing a lot of “network connected” messages and I never did figure out how to turn off wifi after activating it. So I’ve been paranoid of using wifi on the N950.

I just get to the equalizer by doing a long press on the remote’s gear button.

I left my side channels at 0, since they were pretty loud for me already. I dropped my center to -1 since dialogue tended to be a bit loud also, but suggested -2 for the sake of experiment.

+6 on sub and 150hz is more than what I normally run, but tried to recommend some settings that should make an obvious difference for testing.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Yep, the equalizer settings are really useful. I actually don’t use the app though.

My K950 had started showing a lot of “network connected” messages and I never did figure out how to turn off wifi after activating it. So I’ve been paranoid of using wifi on the N950.

I just get to the equalizer by doing a long press on the remote’s gear button.

I left my side channels at 0, since they were pretty loud for me already. I dropped my center to -1 since dialogue tended to be a bit loud also, but suggested -2 for the sake of experiment.

+6 on sub and 150hz is more than what I normally run, but tried to recommend some settings that should make an obvious difference for testing.
Bass is so subjective and also dependent on where you place your Sub. You might try a full SB reset to get rid of your network connected msg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of my biggest peeves with this soundbar, which I otherwise love, has been that there is no direct IR command available for each input for Logitech Harmony purposes.

I can't post links/urls on this forum due to post count, but if you head over to my 5 November 2019 post in the Whirlpool Forums "Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar" thread you'll see the method I used to solve this, which includes IP control URLs for the soundbar.

It will require you to be running Home Assistant somewhere in the household.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
One of my biggest peeves with this soundbar, which I otherwise love, has been that there is no direct IR command available for each input for Logitech Harmony purposes.

I can't post links/urls on this forum due to post count, but if you head over to my 5 November 2019 post in the Whirlpool Forums "Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar" thread you'll see the method I used to solve this, which includes IP control URLs for the soundbar.

It will require you to be running Home Assistant somewhere in the household.
Most of us have more than 1 device connected to a HDMI switch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has anybody a N950 and an Apple TV 4K in working and how is the performance?

Does the N950 passthrough Dolby Vision (Netflix) und HDR10 (Amazon Video)?

Does the N950 passthrough 50/60 fps?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
1 my atv4k work’s well with the N950
2 yes

·
Registered
39 Posts
2 yes
Thanks. We have nearly the same configuration. I have a LG 65E7, the N950 and in the near future an Apple TV 4K.
It´s nice to hear it´s working well.

Can you compare the internal Video Apps (Netflix and Amazon Prime Video) with the streaming from the Apple TV 4K?
Is the sound/video any different?

I have a Xbox One X and the streaming seems to be worse than from the internal Apps.
On the other side I read that the Apple TV 4K provides greart quality.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Thanks. We have nearly the same configuration. I have a LG 65E7, the N950 and in the near future an Apple TV 4K.
It´s nice to hear it´s working well.

Can you compare the internal Video Apps (Netflix and Amazon Prime Video) with the streaming from the Apple TV 4K?
Is the sound/video any different?

I have a Xbox One X and the streaming seems to be worse than from the internal Apps.
On the other side I read that the Apple TV 4K provides greart quality.
I have little issue with any streaming apps from either my lg,atv4k,roku ultra,or firetrap 4k stick. I would give the atv4k a bit of preference for pq and audio. The atv, and lg has a bit more atmos programming. .

·
Registered
179 Posts
Which audio output format(s) does a TV need to output over HDMI to fully support this soundbar, including Atmos?

I would like to simplify, and connect all of my video sources directly to a television, and have a single HDMI connection back to a soundbar.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Has anybody a N950 and an Apple TV 4K in working and how is the performance?

Does the N950 passthrough Dolby Vision (Netflix) und HDR10 (Amazon Video)?

Does the N950 passthrough 50/60 fps?

Thanks!
2 yes
Are you using a Lindy CEC adapter on your AppleTV4K? https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-HDMI-Adapter-Female-41232/dp/B00DL48KVI

I have to but using a different TV. Just an FYI. Love my n950 and ATV4K. Dolbyvision & Atmos :D

2961 - 2980 of 3141 Posts