AVS Forum banner

3101 - 3120 of 3216 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
When i get home im going to check tv settings again. How would i turn anynet+(cec) off and on through the soundbar? When i had my samsung tv i just connected the soundbar to the tv and it worked not the case with the LG lol appreciate all your help!!

To enable/disable AnyNet+ (i.e., HDMI-CEC) on the sound bar, hold down the right side of the circle on the remote for a few seconds until the sound bar displays the change. I often have had to do this because my LG B7 OLED and the sound bar don't handshake properly or something, so the N950 doesn't switch to TV ARC and I don't receive any sound. Usually, cycling the setting off and on via the remote in this manner forces it to try the handshake and it will reconnect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Question when i have my nvidia shield connected to soundbar via hdmi and arc from soundbad to tv what is processing the picture? The tv or soundbar? And if its the soundbar how do i make my lg c9 take over picture processing. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Question when i have my nvidia shield connected to soundbar via hdmi and arc from soundbad to tv what is processing the picture? The tv or soundbar? And if its the soundbar how do i make my lg c9 take over picture processing. Thanks!!
The nVidia is doing some picture & audio processing to generate an A/V signal out. The SB is just passing the video signal with final video processing by your TV.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Roku issues with Samsung soundbar

FYI, there seems to be a pretty big issue with Roku's playing on a Samsung sound bar. Specifically 4K HDR & ATMOS.

I have the HW-N950 soundbar and the Roku Ultra. All cables are premium HDMI 2.0b.

When playing 4K content with ATMOS, audio stops completely until you reboot the sound bar or unplug HDMI and plug it back in. I have tested my XBOX and it does work fine and the sound bar detects Atmos just fine.

Tested an Apple TV 4K and it's working fine. I assume an Amazon fire TV cube would work. (They were out of stock at the time of testing)

Apparently the latest Roku on the latest firmware won't properly play 4K/HDR/Atmos through the sound bar.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did anyone ever find a GOOD 4k/60 HDMI switch that is compatible with this? I have one that "kind of" works, but you have to power down the switch and power it back up for it to reinitialize the signal going through the soundbar. It's another annoyance on top of all the others I've had with the soundbar, such as the subwoofer connection being bad/bass not registering sometimes, issues with surround sound in windows, and mix just sounding "off" sometimes based on mix I've heard on other setups. Then there are the issues with firmware. It worked fine with my old switch before an update to the firmware on the N950 rendered it useless. I tried over ARC, but there was so much delay when gaming that was impossible to fix that it just wasn't feasible.

While I'm generally fine with the audio quality, all of the small issues I've had really have me considering going back to a standard home theater setup.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did anyone ever find a GOOD 4k/60 HDMI switch that is compatible with this? I have one that "kind of" works, but you have to power down the switch and power it back up for it to reinitialize the signal going through the soundbar. It's another annoyance on top of all the others I've had with the soundbar, such as the subwoofer connection being bad/bass not registering sometimes, issues with surround sound in windows, and mix just sounding "off" sometimes based on mix I've heard on other setups. Then there are the issues with firmware. It worked fine with my old switch before an update to the firmware on the N950 rendered it useless. I tried over ARC, but there was so much delay when gaming that was impossible to fix that it just wasn't feasible.

While I'm generally fine with the audio quality, all of the small issues I've had really have me considering going back to a standard home theater setup.
someone in a previous post said the "ViewHD Prosumer 4K UHD 18Gbps HDMI 4x1 Switch" on Amazon works well.

I can't confirm but I have it saved to my list for when I do need a switch.

EDIT: there's a review on Amazon stating it works well with the N950 w/ Xbox and ATV 4K and an LG B6

·
Registered
163 Posts
someone in a previous post said the "ViewHD Prosumer 4K UHD 18Gbps HDMI 4x1 Switch" on Amazon works well.

I can't confirm but I have it saved to my list for when I do need a switch.

EDIT: there's a review on Amazon stating it works well with the N950 w/ Xbox and ATV 4K and an LG B6
That was probably me. Still using the switch and still have had zero issues with it since I ordered it last October.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Been using the n950 for over a year now and seems like bluetooth stopped working. It doesn't seem to pair with anything. In BT mode when I try to pair it doesn't go into pairing mode. I've tried both on the soundbar and remote. LED just stays at BT. I've tried a soundbar reset but no joy. Any ideas?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Been using the n950 for over a year now and seems like bluetooth stopped working. It doesn't seem to pair with anything. In BT mode when I try to pair it doesn't go into pairing mode. I've tried both on the soundbar and remote. LED just stays at BT. I've tried a soundbar reset but no joy. Any ideas?
How did you do the reset?

Have you also tried unplugging the power for about 15 minutes and plugging it back in?

Check if the bluetooth got turned off somehow.

Manual says: Press the NETWORK button on the bottom panel of the Soundbar for 30 seconds to turn Bluetooth On / Off.

I actually have mine turned off on purpose. It may take longer than 30 seconds to turn on/off. You will get a confirmation message on the LED display.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How did you do the reset?

Have you also tried unplugging the power for about 15 minutes and plugging it back in?

Check if the bluetooth got turned off somehow.

Manual says: Press the NETWORK button on the bottom panel of the Soundbar for 30 seconds to turn Bluetooth On / Off.

I actually have mine turned off on purpose. It may take longer than 30 seconds to turn on/off. You will get a confirmation message on the LED display.
The first thing I did was try unplugging it for 30min. That didn't work so I preceding to go thru the reset procedures:

I reset by pressing and holding the - and + on the soundbar until it powered off. I've also did it from the remote by pressing and holding the 'cogs' button until it powered off and on. I've turned off and on soundbar's the network capabilities via the "NETWORK" button on the bottom but doesn't seem to help. I think when it's off, I cannot cycle to BT or WIFI mode.... at least when I tried it it didn't show on the LED. Ugh, I spent way too much time on it this weekend that my fiance thinks I look frazzled. Lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has had any sub issues with this soundbar. Keep getting stuffed around by Samsung. Sub is making a popping sound over different inputs (HDMI, Bluetooth, WIFI) on pretty much any volume level. Has done so since new. About 3-4m away from soundbar behind a couch.

Have tried to troubleshoot myself by turning off as much wifi stuff in the house as possible. Still does it.

Has been to repair centre twice now and they are unable to reproduce the fault so getting charged each time I take it there. Has had a new sub provided by retailer. Still does it. Have taken the soundbar to a friend's house and it'll fault still. Samsung won't accept video of it faulting as a fault but has no advice on how to fix. They keep telling me to take it back for repair but I can't keep forking out $95 for no fix.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
BT issue.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The first thing I did was try unplugging it for 30min. That didn't work so I preceding to go thru the reset procedures:

I reset by pressing and holding the - and + on the soundbar until it powered off. I've also did it from the remote by pressing and holding the 'cogs' button until it powered off and on. I've turned off and on soundbar's the network capabilities via the "NETWORK" button on the bottom but doesn't seem to help. I think when it's off, I cannot cycle to BT or WIFI mode.... at least when I tried it it didn't show on the LED. Ugh, I spent way too much time on it this weekend that my fiance thinks I look frazzled. Lol.
The only other thing I can think of would be:

Go on your BT source device.

Find the Samsung.

Have your phone/device forget the Samsung.

Turn off/on BT on your device.

Then try to rediscover the Samsung and pair.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has had any sub issues with this soundbar. Keep getting stuffed around by Samsung. Sub is making a popping sound over different inputs (HDMI, Bluetooth, WIFI) on pretty much any volume level. Has done so since new. About 3-4m away from soundbar behind a couch.

Have tried to troubleshoot myself by turning off as much wifi stuff in the house as possible. Still does it.

Has been to repair centre twice now and they are unable to reproduce the fault so getting charged each time I take it there. Has had a new sub provided by retailer. Still does it. Have taken the soundbar to a friend's house and it'll fault still. Samsung won't accept video of it faulting as a fault but has no advice on how to fix. They keep telling me to take it back for repair but I can't keep forking out $95 for no fix.
If popping is not from RF interference, and sub has been replaced, I’d suspect an issue with the sound bar itself causing problems with its connection to the sub. Possibly even a failing capacitor relating to power, audio processing, or wireless speaker connection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If popping is not from RF interference, and sub has been replaced, I’d suspect an issue with the sound bar itself causing problems with its connection to the sub. Possibly even a failing capacitor relating to power, audio processing, or wireless speaker connection.
Thanks for your insight. This is what I believe also yet Samsung can't find fault. Think I may push for refund as we have pretty good consumer laws here in Australia. Just simply isn't working as it should and Samsung has had plenty of time to fix. Have uploaded a video of the fault here:

Note it sounds like my mic is picking up wind but it's actually the sound it's making.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Note it sounds like my mic is picking up wind but it's actually the sound it's making.
Wow, that’s more than just a pop. Almost like wiggling a loose audio connection. No idea what could be causing that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just picked it up and the tech told me it's not a boom box and shouldn't be played loud. That's what he thinks it is. Probably basing his opinion on my young age. Soundbar has never gone over 30 because it doesn't need to. Gonna push for a refund and try the new LG model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On Top is the info.txt from the latest HW-N950, bottom is the text from the eARC update of HW-Q90r.

As you can see it's just generic Tizen. The hardware in both sound bards is basically identical, and whatever differences there are, shouldn't influence eARC which is basically a software feature.

Things get even more interesting when we open the HW-Q90r firmware file with a HEX editor. The HW-N950 (SAT-HKA18WWC) is literally mentioned in the file headers.

I see this as a huge f*ck you from Samsung. There was an implicit promise that the HW-N950 would get eARC, and seeing how it seems to be literally baked in the firmware (it's just a Tizen distro with software features after all), it feels wrong doubly so.

Are we getting this update or not?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
On Top is the info.txt from the latest HW-N950, bottom is the text from the eARC update of HW-Q90r.

As you can see it's just generic Tizen. The hardware in both sound bards is basically identical, and whatever differences there are, shouldn't influence eARC which is basically a software feature.

Things get even more interesting when we open the HW-Q90r firmware file with a HEX editor. The HW-N950 (SAT-HKA18WWC) is literally mentioned in the file headers.

I see this as a huge f*ck you from Samsung. There was an implicit promise that the HW-N950 would get eARC, and seeing how it seems to be literally baked in the firmware (it's just a Tizen distro with software features after all), it feels wrong doubly so.

Are we getting this update or not?
I agree but doubt Samsung cares to upgrade "an old product". They did the same thing with the earlier K950 and Dolby Vision pass through and DV via ARC, by lying and saying it wasn't possible with their HDMI 2.0 ports. Every other brand had no problems doing a firmware upgrade. Samsung just wants people to "buy products" for new features so only bugs get addressed via firmware. Crappy customer care.

3101 - 3120 of 3216 Posts