AVS Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 3216 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Samsung could have numbered the bass control settings -0.12 to 0.06 for as much difference it makes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I was able to increase my Bass performance by applying some of the concept @FullyTorqued10 discussed...

No I didn't minus all the EQ settings to -6; however I did decrease my Center and Side channel settings by a decibel or two so I could Up the volume for the Subwoofer which I already had at +6. That plus the Pop EQ, finally gives me the full tight Bass I needed.

·
Registered
Samsung UA65HU8500W | Samsung HW-N950 | Xbox One X | Shield TV
17 Posts
I'm sitting on the fence about upgrading. My 4k TV is a 65" non-HDR (UA65HU8500W). I use a N950 soundbar with a HDfury Integral2 to code the signal to the TV. NAS and Shield TV for media playback and Xbox One X for gaming. Shield and Xbox connected to N950.

I'm watching prices closely with the goal of upgrading by Christmas with a 77" OLED CX.

• N950 doesn't and won't get eARC and CX can't and wont get DTS transcoding.
  • This means it would be better to keep devices connected to the N950.
  • This would remove the benefit of VRR on the CX (as not directly connected) but as casual gamer no biggy.

• N950 will still be able to passthrough Dolby Vision and 4K HDR video and Atmos and DTS:X will also continue to play.
  • HDFury can be retired from setup
Is there anything I'm missing or to also consider?

Other option is to dump the N950 for the SN11RG - Xbox to TV, Shield to SN11. Although this means a 65" TV.

·
Registered
LG CX 65” OLED | Samsung HW-N950 | Sony X800M2 | Xbox One X | PS4 Pro | Sony XBR-65x930e
238 Posts
I'm sitting on the fence about upgrading. My 4k TV is a 65" non-HDR (UA65HU8500W). I use a N950 soundbar with a HDfury Integral2 to code the signal to the TV. NAS and Shield TV for media playback and Xbox One X for gaming. Shield and Xbox connected to N950.

I'm watching prices closely with the goal of upgrading by Christmas with a 77" OLED CX.

• This means it would be better to keep devices connected to the N950.
  • This would remove the benefit of VRR on the CX (as not directly connected) but as casual gamer no biggy.

• N950 will still be able to passthrough Dolby Vision and 4K HDR video and Atmos and DTS:X will also continue to play.
  • HDFury can be retired from setup
Is there anything I'm missing or to also consider?

Other option is to dump the N950 for the SN11RG - Xbox to TV, Shield to SN11. Although this means a 65" TV.
I have the 65CX with a One X and this sound bar. I do have the X right into the TV to take advantage of VRR. I think you would be fine with it all connected to the N950 though. Unless your going with Series X this Winter for the 120Hz then you probably would want it into the TV.

Gaming on this TV is awesome 😊

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I'm sitting on the fence about upgrading. My 4k TV is a 65" non-HDR (UA65HU8500W)....
;) I'm always amazed about eARC mania. Read some of the reviews/threads regarding eARC on the latest Sammies. Yes it has potential but like CEC it is still buggy between devices. I'm very happy with my N950 and regular ARC.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the 65CX with a One X and this sound bar. I do have the X right into the TV to take advantage of VRR. I think you would be fine with it all connected to the N950 though. Unless your going with Series X this Winter for the 120Hz then you probably would want it into the TV.

Gaming on this TV is awesome 😊
Well the Series X is the trigger for the upgrade 😰 I'm cool with the 40Gbps limitation of HDMI2.1 on the CX as that just means no Dolby Vision at 120hz. HDR (10-bit/4:4:4) at 120hz will max out the cable. Looks like I might watch the C9 prices as well as an unexpected soundbar upgrade might keep things simple.

;) I'm always amazed about eARC mania. Read some of the reviews/threads regarding eARC on the latest Sammies. Yes it has potential but like CEC it is still buggy between devices. I'm very happy with my N950 and regular ARC.
Not really too fussed about eARC - its more the feature of passing through Atmos to the soundbar. Always a catch somewhere like I mentioned.

·
Registered
LG CX 65” OLED | Samsung HW-N950 | Sony X800M2 | Xbox One X | PS4 Pro | Sony XBR-65x930e
238 Posts
Well the Series X is the trigger for the upgrade 😰 I'm cool with the 40Gbps limitation of HDMI2.1 on the CX as that just means no Dolby Vision at 120hz. HDR (10-bit/4:4:4) at 120hz will max out the cable. Looks like I might watch the C9 prices as well as an unexpected soundbar upgrade might keep things simple.

Not really too fussed about eARC - its more the feature of passing through Atmos to the soundbar. Always a catch somewhere like I mentioned.
I just saw some stuff saying that the Series X will only do 40Gbps.

Its on the one slide saying it’s a 10Gbps FRL

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just saw some stuff saying that the Series X will only do 40Gbps.
Perfect - matchy matchy. I might forgo Atmos from Xbox and keep the N950. That'll work.

In another topic - anyone have some cheap stands they can recommend for the rears? Haven't had much luck.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Reactions: aust18

·
Registered
6 Posts
I still can't believe we're not getting eARC. Even Samsung reps with HW-N850s were told that the bars they bought with their own money would get it. Sellers in stores were saying the same.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I still can't believe we're not getting eARC. Even Samsung reps with HW-N850s were told that the bars they bought with their own money would get it. Sellers in stores were saying the same.
Samsung is notorious for not doing significant upgrades via firmware but making a new Model with new features. Got to push new hardware every year.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Samsung is notorious for not doing significant upgrades via firmware but making a new Model with new features. Got to push new hardware every year.
Kind of like Apple and a thousand others?

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
I get regular updates to my Apple, Sony, Vizio and Microsoft devices. Samsung is among the worse and I own both the K950 and N950. Good sound but don't expect updates.
I have gotten many Samsung TV updates. There are just not many needed for a soundbar. This thread shows most here do not need eArc.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Hi guys!

I am trying to replace the front/grill cover area of the Q90r, I Believe it's the exact same sound bar as the 950n. The one I got has a dent in the grill and it's a little annoying, I hope I can order a samsung replacement
part but I'm not sure. Does anyone know if

1. This is one big entire piece that covers the speaker bar? I see a bunch of screws on the bottom but haven't touched them yet. Has anyone removed the top house/cover department?
2. Does anyone know the part number code so I can try to order a replacement?

Thank you!!
I do not know; have you tried to contact Samsung Service/Support via email or their online forum?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi everyone,

I own the n950, and was thinking about purchasing the LG C9 or CX. Does anyone have this combo, and are you experiencing any issues?
Saw some threads on lip sync issues, and people complaining about lack of eArc support... just looking for anyone to endorse this combo, or provide feedback to give me some insights before purchasing the C9/CX.
PS I have an Xbox One that I currently connect to the soundbar, and soundbar to Arc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Finally got the new TV in today so I was able to grab some pics while everything was out.

And below you can see my setup. The center console is designed to sit off the wall.

Nice setup, was thinking of purchasing the LG CX myself. Are u experiencing any compatibility issues with the N950 thus far? I read some threads online complaining about LG OLED Lip Sinc issues and just want to know if these are anomalies... or if it’s a prominent issue. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all.
Recently while playing a few 4k films the audio will cut out. Seems to coincide with pausing the film for a few minutes but could be coincidence .

I can get it back by either changing the audio track or going to the main menu and starting the film again from the same point.

Blu-ray player is a UB900 connected directly to the bar.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
40 Posts
For anyone having issues with the subwoofer dropping and then reconnecting check this out, very similar.

Subwoofer Wifi Interference | Helpdesk Nakamichi USA

Take your 5ghz off of auto on your wireless and manually set it so that doesn’t cause interference, it will hopefully solve the issue. It has never happened again on me or my friends N950 after doing this.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
3141 - 3160 of 3216 Posts