AVS Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 3210 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Could someone please provide instructions on how to get rid of wi-fi interference? I constantly get random static sounds from my rears. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Could someone please provide instructions on how to get rid of wi-fi interference? I constantly get random static sounds from my rears. Thank you for your help.
You need to get a router that has two 5GHz bands, usually called a "Tri-Band" router. The wi-fi for the rears and the sub fall in the frequency used in the second 5 Ghz range, usually called 5 Ghz-2. If you turn 5 Ghz-2 off then your static will go away. If you only have a Dual Band router you will have to turn off the 5 Ghz network entirely to get rid of the interference.

·
Super Moderator
17,988 Posts
If you wish to start a comparison thread, then do so. Leave this one about the Samsung, please. Questions or comments? PM me. Don't post those here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice setup, was thinking of purchasing the LG CX myself. Are u experiencing any compatibility issues with the N950 thus far? I read some threads online complaining about LG OLED Lip Sinc issues and just want to know if these are anomalies... or if it’s a prominent issue. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
Thank you! I was having some Lip Sync issues but I recently bought a SHARC EARC converter so I could pass eARC to the N950 and the Lip Sync issues have cleared up. However, the CX still has an eARC issue randomly that requires cycling inputs on the N950.

Still worth it considering a noticeable improvement in sound quality and the resolution of the Lip Sync issue! I’m hoping a future update for the CX irons out the eARC issues completely.

·
Registered
LG CX 65” OLED | Samsung HW-N950 | Sony X800M2 | Xbox One X | PS4 Pro | Sony XBR-65x930e
224 Posts
Thank you! I was having some Lip Sync issues but I recently bought a SHARC EARC converter so I could pass eARC to the N950 and the Lip Sync issues have cleared up. However, the CX still has an eARC issue randomly that requires cycling inputs on the N950.

Still worth it considering a noticeable improvement in sound quality and the resolution of the Lip Sync issue! I’m hoping a future update for the CX irons out the eARC issues completely.
I didn’t think the N950 supports eARC? I leave that option off on the CX with this sound-bar as I don’t think Samsung will ever update the FW to support it. I’m not sure if the HW is there for it either.

My experience so far with lip sync has been pretty good. OTA can sometimes seem off but the internal apps I have not had any issues yet, at least that has been noticeable or distracting. This bar paired with this TV has been great compared with my 930e. My wife was about to kill me with that pairing lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn’t think the N950 supports eARC? I leave that option off on the CX with this sound-bar as I don’t think Samsung will ever update the FW to support it. I’m not sure if the HW is there for it either.

My experience so far with lip sync has been pretty good. OTA can sometimes seem off but the internal apps I have not had any issues yet, at least that has been noticeable or distracting. This bar paired with this TV has been great compared with my 930e. My wife was about to kill me with that pairing lol.
That’s where the SHARC comes in. As far as the CX is concerned it’s sending eARC. The SHARC converts the signal into a high quality version of something the N950 can understand (varies depending on the signal), but it is not ARC since that is unnecessary with the SHARC. It’s essentially unpacking the audio signal and sending that directly to the AVR.

This does lead to a bit of confusion when setting the N950 up in this configuration. In my case the N950 had to be set to HDMI2 since HDMI1 and D.In share a input/source slot. This causes issues since it’s not receiving an ARC signal when it thinks it should be. Long story short:

CX (eARC) => shARC (default) => N950 (HDMI2)

·
Registered
LG CX 65” OLED | Samsung HW-N950 | Sony X800M2 | Xbox One X | PS4 Pro | Sony XBR-65x930e
224 Posts
That’s where the SHARC comes in. As far as the CX is concerned it’s sending eARC. The SHARC converts the signal into a high quality version of something the N950 can understand (varies depending on the signal), but it is not ARC since that is unnecessary with the SHARC. It’s essentially unpacking the audio signal and sending that directly to the AVR.

This does lead to a bit of confusion when setting the N950 up in this configuration. In my case the N950 had to be set to HDMI2 since HDMI1 and D.In share a input/source slot. This causes issues since it’s not receiving an ARC signal when it thinks it should be. Long story short:

CX (eARC) => shARC (default) => N950 (HDMI2)
Very interesting. Is there a tangible benefit to using the eARC with shARC? Do I get better audio or something?

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Just do without eArc when using switches because N950 has only 2 HDMI inputs.

·
Registered
777 Posts
But what’s your source material? You seem to be giving the impression that this shARC is magically enhancing your sound. The only way to get TrueHD is via disc, the streaming sites broadcast 5.1 compressed audio with an Atmos layer (Dolby Digital+).

If you wanted TrueHD sources, like a 4K Blu-ray player or an Xbox One connected directly to the TV and audio sent directly to the sound bar, then I could see where this would give some benefit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Compared to ARC, yes. eARC has more bandwidth and supports transmitting lossless audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and also supports surround LPCM (uncompressed) @ 5.1/7.1.
Does the N950 soundbar actually support surround LPCM (uncompressed) @ 5.1/7.1 with the SHARC? Can you please test this for me because in the manual of N950 it said only support 2.0 PCM but in the manual of Q90R said support LPCM 8.0. Maybe Samsung say 2.0 PCM in the manual for N950 because they know Earc won't be update but with the SHARC can the signal able to transfer surround LPCM (uncompressed) @ 5.1/7.1 I would really love to know this. My set up would be Computer (Hdmi 2.1)->TV(HDMI 2,1 port)----------->TV(Earc port)->SHARC->N950 Arc port. Thank you for your time

·
Registered
63 Posts
So did anyone ever have any luck with a HDMI Switch? I see a few times, people seem to have not had any luck but I’m hoping for some good news despite that. I don’t need it to automatically switch. Just want to be able to switch between Xbox Series X and PS5 when they come out for 4K and HDR. Still plan to use one of the HDMI in ports for my Nvidia Shield. Would love to be able to simply switch between all of them and my Nintendo Switch but really care about the Xbox and PS5 more. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

3161 - 3180 of 3210 Posts