AVS Forum banner

3201 - 3220 of 3221 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
There is not a very good explanation about the questions I ask. I just checked the manual.
How can you ever adjust the volume per speaker without a test tone......
And the same counts for the delay. You can adjust it but not possible without a mic if you ask me.
The information about the 3 sound modi is also very little

·
Registered
779 Posts
There is not a very good explanation about the questions I ask. I just checked the manual.
And the same counts for the delay. You can adjust it but not possible without a mic if you ask me.
Instead of criticizing someone for trying to point you in the right direction maybe you could try thanking them instead? It’s entirely possible he didn’t give you more info than that because your questions have been answered here before, ad nauseam.

Reactions: naustin

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Sigh. You have to adjust settings to your room and your ear. The soundbar has a great deal of variables. I spent the better part of a year tuning to my satisfaction. Good luck and enjoy your soundbar.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank you! I was having some Lip Sync issues but I recently bought a SHARC EARC converter so I could pass eARC to the N950 and the Lip Sync issues have cleared up. However, the CX still has an eARC issue randomly that requires cycling inputs on the N950.

Still worth it considering a noticeable improvement in sound quality and the resolution of the Lip Sync issue! I’m hoping a future update for the CX irons out the eARC issues completely.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I had no idea this converter existed. Since it works great with your set-up, which is identical to mine, I’m seriously considering getting the eArc converter.
The cycling of inputs you speak of, is that only when you turn on your TV, you just have to make sure you toggle to eArc input on the N950? If that’s all, I can live with that, but if it randomly disconnects while watching something that would suck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I had no idea this converter existed. Since it works great with your set-up, which is identical to mine, I’m seriously considering getting the eArc converter.
The cycling of inputs you speak of, is that only when you turn on your TV, you just have to make sure you toggle to eArc input on the N950? If that’s all, I can live with that, but if it randomly disconnects while watching something that would suck.
Nope not that at all. Occasionally I would get no sound from my Apple TV when switching between apps. Some eARC issue for sure. I honestly haven’t had this issue for a couple of weeks, could be the recent CX update or the power cycles that have happened since then.

You mentioned the eARC input of the N950. Do note that you cannot connect to the typical ARC input (HDMI1) with the shARC. You won’t get any audio. Instead, use HDMI 2.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nope not that at all. Occasionally I would get no sound from my Apple TV when switching between apps. Some eARC issue for sure. I honestly haven’t had this issue for a couple of weeks, could be the recent CX update or the power cycles that have happened since then.

You mentioned the eARC input of the N950. Do note that you cannot connect to the typical ARC input (HDMI1) with the shARC. You won’t get any audio. Instead, use HDMI 2.
Ok so u just have to make sure the input is set to HDMI2 on the N950 when u turn the tv on?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok so u just have to make sure the input is set to HDMI2 on the N950 when u turn the tv on?
Yeah, I use a Harmony to keep things in order but as you know input switching is not ideal on the N950. So in this case it just stays on HDMI2. I don’t use any other inputs on this soundbar because of the headaches with input switching.

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
LG CX 65” OLED | Samsung HW-N950 | Sony X800M2 | Xbox Series X | PS5 | Sony XBR-65x930e
345 Posts
Bummer. I guess no Atmos gaming for me then. Not too bad I guess
Doesn’t the B9 have Atmos pass through? Granted a lot of times audio issues can crop up. But my CX I connect my One X right to TV and the TV is connected to soundbar through Arc. I get Atmos to the soundbar this way and can still enable currently up to 4K 60 and sub resolutions up to 120hz.

I plan on having the PS5 and Series X in a few weeks hooked up the same way to take advantage of their feature set.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Doesn’t the B9 have Atmos pass through? Granted a lot of times audio issues can crop up. But my CX I connect my One X right to TV and the TV is connected to soundbar through Arc. I get Atmos to the soundbar this way and can still enable currently up to 4K 60 and sub resolutions up to 120hz.

I plan on having the PS5 and Series X in a few weeks hooked up the same way to take advantage of their feature set.
Oh good idea. Hadn’t thought of that. I’ll have to do the same once the new consoles get delivered.

·
Registered
32 Posts

It would be easier if Samsung released a firmware update N950 ARC ---> eARC. The HW-N950 (2018) soundbar has a similar technical design to the HW-Q90R (2019). The difference is in the subwoofer and several equalizer options. In 2020, there was an update for the HW-Q90R, adding eARC support. But this is only Samsung ... you want a firmware upgrade .... buy a new Samsung = a pathology of support and marketing!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
😂 Samsung did the same thing with the earlier K950 claiming its 2.0 ports could not support Atmos via ARC and Dolby Vision pass through so buy the N950. If the features you want are not there at purchase do not expect Samsung to upgrade for free. Good sounbars but a very very :poop: company IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would be easier if Samsung released a firmware update N950 ARC ---> eARC. The HW-N950 (2018) soundbar has a similar technical design to the HW-Q90R (2019). The difference is in the subwoofer and several equalizer options. In 2020, there was an update for the HW-Q90R, adding eARC support. But this is only Samsung ... you want a firmware upgrade .... buy a new Samsung = a pathology of support and marketing!
Hello. I spoke with Samsung today. They never have had an intention of making an update on HW-N960/950 regarding the issue ARC to eARC. If anyone could tell me where Samsung promises this, it would be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I spoke with Samsung today. They never have had an intention of making an update on HW-N960/950 regarding the issue ARC to eARC. If anyone could tell me where Samsung promises this, it would be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I showed that article to the samsung representative. And he thanked me for bringing it up. But he didn't confirm it as the truth. He said several people spredd disinformation about samsung. I need to have information from a samsung- source that hw-n960 will be updated from ARC to eARC. This is important if one should confront them. Do anyone have more concrete information?

3201 - 3220 of 3221 Posts